Strange name in contacts

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
pedros

Strange name in contacts

Post by pedros »

Hi, ,

I have a problem with synchronizing thunderbird address book with my HTC Diamond. Actually all goes fine, but when I go to Contacts on my device and select one I can see some strange letters (some code?) in brackets in the name field.

example:
John 'blabla' Smith (1253EF1C-4AD3-3001-E3B5-102F18F010F3)

Do you know what's that and how to delete this?
This thing is in old TB contacts only... the new ones (which I imported from my phone by csv file) don't have this information...

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Strange name in contacts

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

Do you have this problem with several contacts or only one of them ?
If you look at your contacts in Thunderbird, do you have this information somewhere among the contact fields ?
Birdy

pedros

Post by pedros »

More than one... like I said... with all old contacts(most have more than one year ;) ). With contacts which I entered yesterday I don't have this problem.
This information is no available in Thundebird. I even tried to export address book to different file formats and couldn't find this in files :/

newlocks

Post by newlocks »

I'm having the exact same problem om my xperia x1 with contacts imported in TB's address book through a CSV file. New contacts input directly in TB display correctly in the Mobile Contacts. Any suggestions on how to resolve? thanks

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

@newlocks
Could you please send to support(at)birdiesync.com an extract of your CSV file with one or several contacts which lead to this problem ? I would like to try to reproduce the problem.
Could you confirm that your use Pocket Outlook on your mobile device, an not another PIM software ?
Thanks.
Birdy

newlocks

Post by newlocks »

Yes, I am using Outlook as part of Windows Mobile 6.1. Have resolved the problems by exporting the TB contacts to a CSV-file, re-importing those through the CSV file and subsequently synchronise the new TB contacts through BirdieSync. Problem gone. I suspect that the export form a previous version of (desktop) Outlook added the strange codes. Thanks anyway.