Thundernote

If you dream about having BirdieSync casting your horoscope, this is the place to ask for it...
clator

Thundernote

Post by clator »

I'm testing out a new Add-On for Thunderbird called Thundernote. It's a long-awaited knock-off of MS Outlook Notes. Will BirdieSync be able to synchronize this? I used to sync my old Outlook with my old Palm. Upon upgrading to Thunderbird/Lightning (at home) <-> WM5 <-> Outlook 2007 (at work) I've been sorely missing the ability to sync notes between the different clients. This may finally restore the missing link, and I wondered if BirdieSync was on top of this.

Aesculapius

Re: Thundernote

Post by Aesculapius »

I'm also quite interested in this. Together with the upcoming lightning 0.9 support, this would make thunderbird+plugins with birdiesync definately an outlook-killer...

giorgio

Post by giorgio »

Hmmm, I tried Thundernote and to be honest I wasn't very happy with it. I mean it does what it should do, but I don't think it is a proper add-on, there is practically no integration with Thunderbird, it is pretty much a separate application apart from the shortcut icon you can place in TB's toolbar... I would prefer if notes functionality would be added to Lightning (or an add-on was developed which integrated better with Thunderbird/Lightning). Well, of course this has little to do with BirdieSync, I'm just saying that in my opinion Thundernote is not a good extension. Anyway, it is still in "experimental" stage...

Heavenwalker

Post by Heavenwalker »

there is another AddOn for this function called Quicknote:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/46

so a synchronization between Thunderbird and PPC by one of these AddOns where very useful