problem with birthday sync

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
heg86

problem with birthday sync

Post by heg86 »

hello,
I'm using Pocket Informant on my mobile, BirdieSync to sync to TBird/Lightning. Today I installed the two extensions "MoreFunctionsForAdressBook" and "ThunderBirthDay" to show the birthdays that I have written into my contacts on my mobile in Lightning. My problem: when I open a contact in TBird the birthday is one day later compared to the birthday in Pocket Informant, and it is also shown one day later in Lightning (example: on my mobile the date is the 14th of march, in TBird and Lightning its the 15th of march). Do you think this is a problem of BirdieSync or Pocket Informant or TBird? Did anyone of you have the same problem? Is anybody able to help in this case?
thanks in advance!
greetings,
Jan

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: problem with birthday sync

Post by Birdy »

Hello Jan,

I checked with Pocket Outlook (not Pocket Informant) and the dates were properly synchronized.

Is it possible to check with Pocket Outlook to see if the dates are still different ?
If you create an event in Thunderbird with a birthday date and then synchronize it, do you have this problem of date in Pocket Informant ? In Pocket Outlook ?
If you create an event in Pocket Informant, then Pocket Outlook, do you have the problem of date in Thunderbird ?

Does Pocket Informant uses a particular time zone ?

Thanks.
Birdy

heg86

Post by heg86 »

Hi,
thanks for your reply.
Birdy wrote:Is it possible to check with Pocket Outlook to see if the dates are still different ?
I put in the date in the address book card with the address book of Pocket Outlook, and it was synchronized properly.
Birdy wrote:If you create an event in Thunderbird with a birthday date and then synchronize it, do you have this problem of date in Pocket Informant ? In Pocket Outlook ?
No problem at all, everything went right.
Birdy wrote:If you create an event in Pocket Informant, then Pocket Outlook, do you have the problem of date in Thunderbird ?
Isn't this the same as the first?
Birdy wrote:Does Pocket Informant uses a particular time zone ?
Yep, it does.

By the way, I found something in the reference.pdf from WebIS (the producer of Pocket Informant):
All Day TimeZone Method (Ask Support)
Please contact WebIS support if you need to use this option. Specifically there are times where
All Day Recurring appointments may show up on a day forward or behind of the actual day.
Changing this option may fix this problem if it occurs.
But unfortunately, I didn't find this option in my "Advanced Settings" of PI.

OK, so this might be not a problem with your program... I hope I can solve it with the help of WebIS support.
Thanks anyway.
Jan.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Thanks for the information. So maybe it's related to Pocket Informant. If you get additional information regarding Pocket Informant that could explain/solve this problem, it could be interesting to mention it.
Birdy