Timezone issue

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Sum

Timezone issue

Post by Sum »

Can anyone help with this error message please! It is driving me nuts!

ERROR: Time zone are different on device (offset = 540) and desktop (offset = 480) (GetLastError = 0)

I have checked and checked and updated WIndows as well as my HTC TYTNII running Windows Mobile 6.1. I have patched the timezone for Western Australia an d it all appears corect yet I get the above message and do not know what else to do. Please help!

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Timezone issue

Post by Birdy »

Hello Sum,

The problem is in the Lightning timezone definition for Perth. It is incorrect. It's GMT+8 (offset = 480) instead of GMT+9 (offset = 540). There is a bug in bugzilla about it: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=459184

There are two choices. The first one is to temporarily use Asia/Tokyo. The problem is that the next time the summer/DST changes (29th of March 2009), all the events that you entered after this date will have a wrong time.
The other solution is to manually update the timezone.sqlite database were all Lightning timezones are recorded. It is necessary to patch the VTIMEZONE definition for Perth.
Birdy