Can´t Install BirdieSync

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
DommyMaster

Can´t Install BirdieSync

Post by DommyMaster »

I downloaded the 21 day Test Version some minutes ago. When i start the Installation there is an error called:

"Your mobile should be in connection in order to pursue installation.
Connect your mobile and wait for the end of synchronization.
Then press Retry or Cancel to abort installation."

My mobile definetely is connected to the Computer, also the BB Desktop software is installed.

Whats the problem ?

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Can´t Install BirdieSync

Post by Birdy »

Hello DommyMaster,

Could you tell me which mobile device you have and with which operating system ?
You mentioned the "BB Desktop Software". Did you mean the "BlackBerry Desktop Software" ? If yes, BirdieSync presently doesn't support BlackBerry devices. It only supports Windows Mobile devices with ActiveSync. Sorry about it.
Birdy

DommyMaster

Post by DommyMaster »

Hello

I use a Blackberry Storm and I installed the Blackberry Desktop Software but not for synchronisation.

I also installed Windows Mobile Device Center and tried to synchronize the BB with it, but it didnt work. Aktive Sync seems not to work on Windows Vista ?

Did you mean that BirdieSync does not support ANY synchronization with Blackberrys ?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

ActiveSync doesn't work on Vista. You must install the "Windows Mobile Device Center".
And yes, presently BirdieSync doesn't support synchronization with BlackBerry devices.
Birdy

DommyMaster

Post by DommyMaster »

I installed "Windows Mobile Device Center" but i doesnt connect to BlackBerry.

Are there any other Programs that synchronize with BlackBerry ? Or is there a chance that BirdieSync will work with BB some day????

roman1983

Post by roman1983 »

Good question, would be nice if someone could reply to that.

i am going to extend my mobile contract and want to buy a blackberry phone but i do not want use outlook for contacts and calendar. So lets get it work with blackberrys. :-)