Repeating Appts & DST Change

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
AlexP

Repeating Appts & DST Change

Post by AlexP »

I don't know if this is a birdiesync issue or windows mobile issue. But we just went through a DST change here in US. If I have a repeating appointment (each week at 9am) And it crosses over the DST change. Then after the DST change it looks fine in the thunberbird calendar, but on the WM device it appears in the schedule one hour later. However if you go to Edit the appointment on the device you will see the correct times.......I am working around it, but thought I would mention it.

I am liking BirdieSync....

Alex

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Repeating Appts & DST Change

Post by Birdy »

Hello Alex,

Could you tell me which time zone you have on your mobile device, in Lightning and in Windows ?
Thanks.
Birdy

asvravi

Post by asvravi »

Hi,

I am having a similar issue. The timezone on device (WM6) and Lightning (ver 0.9) is IST. The appt is in US Central Time.
Appt time in Lightning reads correctly as 8AM Central Time (6:30PM IST currently) but after syncing it, the device reads as 7:30PM IST (pre-DST change time). BirdieSync ver is 1.7.0.1

As per original report, this happens whenever there is a recurring appointment that straddles the DST change boundary. For recurrences Before DST change the event IST time is correct (7:30PM IST), but the same time remains for even recurrences after the US DST change (7:30PM instead of 6:30PM).

All latest DST patches have been applied on mobile and desktop.

I found the following info about Outlook for the exact same symptom, but not sure if it applies to Birdiesync.
http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-U ... 2073105c98

Thanks
Ravi

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello Ravi,

I will need additional information to try to reproduce the problem. Could you tell me the exact name of the time zone that you selected in Lightning and on the mobile device ?
You mentioned that the appointment was in US Central Time. Did you create it in Pocket Outlook or in Lightning originally ? If you did it in Pocket Outlook, was it because you were under the US Central time zone ? If it was in Lightning, which time zone did you choose (with the town) ?
Thanks.
Birdy