cached remote calendars

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
zefoteus

cached remote calendars

Post by zefoteus »

Hi,
I'm using remote calendars with caching (Lightning v0.9).
Since I'm using the laptop in several workplaces with different proxies and/or vpn, I often need to synchronize the pocketPC while the laptop *is not* connected to the network.
That doens't seem to be possible eventhough the calendars are cached locally on my pc.

Can you help solving this issue?

Thank you in advance.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: cached remote calendars

Post by Birdy »

Hello zefoteus,

I'll need to do some tests with cached calendars. I'll then post again.
Birdy

zefoteus

Post by zefoteus »

Hi Birdy,
any good news? :)

The whole synchronization seems to timeout on every single event, also if no new events are available.
That means that every synchronization takes at least 5-10 minutes (while I'm writing it has been taking 20minutes.. so far :shock: )

Let me know if I can be of any help (maybe posting logs?)

Thanks

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello zefoteus,

Sorry for the late answer. I did some test with cached calendars (Google) but didn't have the specific problems you mentioned. After the synchronization errors, could you please send your logs with "Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs..." to support(at)birdiesync.com ? Maybe it is related to some particular events or to a specific configuration.
Could you also tell me if you have the same problems with these calendars if they are not cached ?
Thanks.
Birdy