1 Unconfirmed element never disappears

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
SirTiger

1 Unconfirmed element never disappears

Post by SirTiger »

Hi,

I have read already that some more people had the same problem as me, but nowhere the solution was posted:

ActiveSync gives me "1 unconfirmed element" warning after synchronization. Synchronization seems to work perfectly apart from that, still it is a bit annoying. If I try to click "confirm element" it doesn't do anything but restart synchronization. The unconfirmed element does not disappear.

Can you help, please?

Best regards,
Matthias

P.S. Great software! I always never pay for any software because for almost any thinkable purpose there is a freeware alternative available that is as good as commercial software. But BirdieSync just rocks! After trying it out, you really don't want to mess around with FinchSync and its friends any more, BirdieSync is just so much better! So definitely worth the bucks! :-)

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: 1 Unconfirmed element never disappears

Post by Birdy »

Hello Matthias,

Thanks for your comment. I'm pleased to see that you like BirdieSync ! :)

Regarding the unresolved item, you should find more information in this FAQ topic.
If you don't succeed in understanding the logs, send them to support(at)birdiesync.com to be analyzed.

The problem is that ActiveSync doesn't allow to manage unresolved items. A next version of BirdieSync may allow to manage unresolved items more easily.
Birdy

SirTiger

Post by SirTiger »

Thank you, problem could be solved!

Bye
Matt

gruftberger

Post by gruftberger »

Birdy wrote:Hello Matthias,

Thanks for your comment. I'm pleased to see that you like BirdieSync ! :)

Regarding the unresolved item, you should find more information in this FAQ topic.
If you don't succeed in understanding the logs, send them to support(at)birdiesync.com to be analyzed.

The problem is that ActiveSync doesn't allow to manage unresolved items. A next version of BirdieSync may allow to manage unresolved items more easily.
Hello,
I have the same problem. Does "1 unconfirmed element never disappears" mean, that it is only one problem or is it a group of problems with lots of single problems? I do not have these mistakes in Outlook but I don't like to use this mailclient.
How long will it be until the next update version? I have so much event entries that I am not able to locate the mistake.
thanks for helping.
Steve

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello Steve,

There can be different reasons why you have 1 unresolved item. This generally happens because Pocket Outlook is less permissive than Thunderbird and doesn't accept the definition of an event that Thunderbird considers valid. For instance, Pocket Outlook doesn't accept an occurrence whose date is after the end of the recurrence. There are other reasons like this one.

By now, it is necessary to have a look at the logs to identify the event (generally DeviceProvider.log). But if you have problems understanding the logs, send the log archive to support(at)birdiesync.com. You can build this log archive with "Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs...".
Birdy