How to sync several Liste on Contacts with my HP Ipaq 514

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
schnuff74

How to sync several Liste on Contacts with my HP Ipaq 514

Post by schnuff74 »

Hello,
i use birdiesync for a long time. Thanks for such a good software solution!

my configuration:
thunderbird 2-0-0-19
Birdiesync 1-7-0-5

Syncronizing my main adressbok in Thunderbird with my HOP Ipaq 514 with help by ActiveSync and Birdiesnyc - no problem.

But when i create a list of contacts, then is the LIST of contacts not there after the syncronization in my thunderbird Adressbook.

Can you help me?

Your schnuff74

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: How to sync several Liste on Contacts with my HP Ipaq 514

Post by Birdy »

Hello schnuff74,
when i create a list of contacts
Could you tell me where you created this list ? (On the mobile device ? In Thunderbird ?)
If you created it on the mobile device, could you tell me how you did it ? (is it with Pocket Outlook ? If yes, which menu ?)
Thanks.
Birdy

schnuff74

Post by schnuff74 »

Hello,

i created 2 oder 3 Lists of contacts in thunderbird in ONE adressbook.
in my Ipaq 514 is only one Adressbook.

and when i sync , all LISTS of contacts was deletet, that means, that no List of contacts was there in thunderbird,
and also in my Ipaq.

Could you help me?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Could you tell me if this problem occurred after the first synchronization ? (when you established a new partnership)
Or does it happen during all synchronizations ?
Is your contact list deleted or is it just emptied (contacts are no longer present in the list) ?
If after having synchronized a first time you create a list with one contact (already synchronized) and then synchronize your mobile device, is the contact list deleted ?
Thanks.
Birdy

schnuff74

Post by schnuff74 »

Hello,

my partnership PC-Ipaq via ActiveSync starts a few months before - and since then there was no problem mit syncing.

But after create two lists of contacts - both with some Email-Adresses in it - and sycing then - both of them were deleted (in my thunderbird-Adressbook) and in my Ipaq there was no list of contacts.

Its not important for me, that in the Ipaq there is any list -

I only want that the Lists of contact, that I created in Thunderbord-Adressbook, will be there after syncing.

Perhaps important fpr you: if i have only ONE List of contacts in my Thunderbird-Adressbook, then this list ist there - even after syncing.

Could you help me?

Dear regards
schnuff74

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

When you said that the list was deleted in Thundebird address book, was it deleted or emptied ?
Birdy

schnuff74

Post by schnuff74 »

Hi, Birdie,

the List of contacts were really deleted, the list was not there after syncing (also not only emtied).

Could you help me?

best regards

schnuff74

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

I don't succeed in reproducing this problem.
Could you please precisely describe the operations that you did (create a list, where ? (in which address book), how you launch the synchronization, etc.) so that I try to reproduce your problem ?
After the list disappeared, could you also send the logs with "Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs..." to support(at)birdiesync.com ?
Thanks.
Birdy

schnuff74

Post by schnuff74 »

Hallo, Birdie,

i have to Sorry.

Birdiesync works correct - but an PC-to-PC-Sync Addon (Synmab) was the Programm who had made trouble.

Thank you for your good software and very good and helpful and friendly persnally support.

Best regards

schnuff74