Problems with email

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
dmac1379

Problems with email

Post by dmac1379 »

Hey everyone, I'm new here so I apologize if I'm asking something that has already been answered. I did a few searches on this forum but haven't been able to find exactly what I am looking for so I hope someone can help. My situation is I have a HTC Diamond and have installed the trial version of BirdieSync and use Thunderbird with Lightning on my PC for my email and calendar functions. Everything was syncing perfectly until I was forced to do a hard reset to my phone. Afterwards I went in to th Birdiesynch folder on my PC and installed the appropriate cab file on my phone. Now the tasks, and calendar sync perfectly but I get the indicator that I have unread email on my phone but I can't read them or even see them anywhere for that matter. I have set up my email account on the phone and any mails received by the phone seem to sync to the desktop without issue. How can I get birdiesync to add these emails to the account that is setup on the phone so that I can see them? I hope I have been clear enough in my description for you to understand what I mean. If I can fix this issue I intend to purchase BirdieSync as I love Thunderbird and have no interest in using Outlook.

If this has been answered before I would appreciate it if you could direct me to the appropriate thread. Thanks

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Problems with email

Post by Birdy »

Hello dmac1379,
I have unread email on my phone but I can't read them or even see them anywhere for that matter
Do you mean that you cannot see them even with Pocket Outlook (directly on the mobile device) ?
If the answer is yes, it may sometimes happen with Pocket Outlook (the number of "unread emails" can be incorrect).
Another user had a similar problem. Here is the link that he mentioned to me to solve the problem:
http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/samsung- ... nread.html
So you may try this solution. (but be careful if you backup/restore your emails: you should either have deleted your ActiveSync partnership previously or synchronized your mails one time with no mail folders selected, to avoid having all the deletions of mails synchronized).

Ensure to have a recent backup of all your data before any operations as mentioned in this FAQ topic.
Birdy

dmac1379

Re: Problems with email

Post by dmac1379 »

Do you mean that you cannot see them even with Pocket Outlook (directly on the mobile device) ?
That's correct, but when it syncs again I get the message that there are unread emails. Keep in mind that I did the hard reset, installed the BirdieSync CAB file from the folder on my harddrive, setup my email account on the phone, successfully completed a send/receive so there are "real" emails on the phone, however, when I sync it does not add the mails from the PC to that account that is setup on the phone. I think BirdieSync is looking for the original account that had been deleted during the hard reset. It doesn't seem to recognize the account I have setup as the one it is supposed to be syncing with so I end up with these "ghost" emails. I hope that is clear :wink:
Here is the link that he mentioned to me to solve the problem:
http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/samsung- ... nread.html
This program works great to remove the "ghost" mails however, when I sync again I get new ones.

Should I try uninstalling BirdieSync from the PC? When it's re-installed will it then recognize the account on the phone as the one it should sync with?

Thanks for your help.