Used to work and now it doesn't

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
LindaT

Used to work and now it doesn't

Post by LindaT »

I've been using BirdieSync for the past 4 months with no problems. Lately, my smart phone has been acting a little weirdly and I realized I hadn't sync'ed a while, so I plugged the phone in. I'm running XP and Activesynch had my phone as guest and wouldn't do what I wanted. I tried deleting the mobile and then it found the right name, but it still wouldn't work. I tried removing and re-installing Activesynch and that just earned me the 'no categories selected' from Birdiesync. Tools/options is grayed out when I try to change it. I re-installed Birdie got similar results. Tool/options is there but Activsynch has two desktops listed. The one I want, doesn't have a checkbox next to cards, mail etc, the other doesn't even list the categories. I've tried deleting the other desktop, but it keeps coming back.

I have no idea what's going on and it's making me crazy.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
LindaT.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Used to work and now it doesn't

Post by Birdy »

Hello Linda,

After having closed Thunderbird/Sunbird, disconnected, reconnected your mobile device and waited for the end of the synchronization (even if it doesn't really synchronize), could you send your logs with "Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs..." to support(at)birdiesync.com ?
Thanks.
Birdy

LindaT

Post by LindaT »

Hi Birdie,

Thanks, but I realized this morning that I hadn't re-booted the phone in a really long time, so I did. Now, it seems to sync ok except for I'm gettingn 'attention required' for events and tasks. When I right click/resolve it tries to sync again, but comes back with the same message.

What can I do to get the problems resolved so that I get an error free sync?

Thanks
LindaT

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Usually there is an alert raising from the task bar explaining which kind of error you get. But if you don't, that could be a more uncommon error. Please send the logs to support as mentioned in my previous post.
Thanks.
Birdy

LindaT

Post by LindaT »

Thanks, again Birdy,

Today it syncs without any errors, so I guess all is well.

Thanks for the offer to help, but I guess it's ok now.

LT