Unable to Sync

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
PNMarkW2

Unable to Sync

Post by PNMarkW2 »

I'm a new BirdieSync user and I'm having trouble getting anything to sync.

I'm running Windows XP SP3, with no outlook installed at all. I have a T-Mobile Dash.

The install seemed to go just fine, my phone is unlocked and accepted the application with no trouble, and I can see BIrdieSync under my tools on Thunderbird. And in Thunderbird when I view Tools/BirdieSync/Options I can see all of the items I selected during setup are still checked off.

But, when I connect my phone I can a BirdieSync pop-up message appears saying "No category of items selected for synchronization", I'm then pointed to the ActiveSync Tools/Options to select the items to be synced. And when I go there nothing is in fact selected, cool I think, lets click contacts and see if we can get something synced up... When I do that I'm told it can sync Contacts, email, etc, because Outlook is not installed.

I'm sure I've done something wrong. What am I missing here?

~Mark

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Unable to Sync

Post by Birdy »

Hello Mark,

If you are asked to install Outlook you may be in this case mentioned in the FAQ.
So you should choose BirdieSync categories (cards, events, tasks or mails) and not Outlook categories (contacts, appointments, tasks or e-mails).

If you cannot select cards, events, tasks or mails, it's generally because your mobile device is still "application locked".
The best way to unlock your mobile device is to try: SDA_ApplicationUnlock as mentioned in the FAQ.

If you think you have another problem, could you send your logs with "Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs..." to support(at)birdiesync.com ?
Thanks.
Birdy

PNMarkW2

Re: Unable to Sync

Post by PNMarkW2 »

Never mind, I'm an idiot. I was looking for cards, events, etc and I failed to see them on the list. I was about to post another reply and went back to check and gee, they were there.

Sorry I had to ask when there wasn't a problem.

Thanks for the help :)

~Mark