Thunderbird with Gmail not syncing

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
danceswithducks

Thunderbird with Gmail not syncing

Post by danceswithducks »

Having trouble with syncing Samsung Jack with Thunderbird. I ran all the necessary setup but I get a message stating gmail has not been configured on phone. How do I do that?

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Thunderbird with Gmail not syncing

Post by Birdy »

Hello danceswithducks,

If your Gmail account is not located under "Local folders" in Thundebird and has its own independent folder tree (Inbox, Sent, etc.) , you must manually create a matching mail account on the mobile device (by now it is not done automatically during the synchronization).

You must create a mail account on the mobile with the same account name as in Thunderbird. This is the name of the mail account and is called "Account display name" in the mail account creation wizard. Note that if this name is incorrect, you'll very likely have to recreate your mail account since it is not possible to modify it after the creation.
You don't have to put "real" parameters for pop3 settings or user name/password if you don't want to connect to the Internet on your mobile device. So you can set dummy parameters (apart from the mail account name).
Birdy

danceswithducks

How do I create a gmail account on my phone. I only have the express mail account setup?

danceswithducks

Ok, I created my gmail account on the phone. I receive emails from gmail. When I try to sync with birdiesync, I get an error message, "The mail account "Gmail - dannybihl" selected for synchronization could not be found. Create it on the mobile before synchronization again."

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

This error message shows that BirdieSync couldn't find a mail account named "Gmail - dannybihl" on your mobile device.
Did you set the name of the mail account on your mobile device as I mentioned in my previous post ? Did you check that there is no additional space or another difference (lower case/upper case) in the mail account name ?
Birdy