Problem installing on laptop

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Jkchrisman

Problem installing on laptop

Post by Jkchrisman »

I tried to install birdiesync on my ubuntu os laptop and received the following error message when I tried to run the download:

[/home/jim/Desktop/BirdieSyncSetup.exe]
End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
the last disk(s) of this archive.
zipinfo: cannot find zipfile directory in one of /home/jim/Desktop/BirdieSyncSetup.exe or
/home/jim/Desktop/BirdieSyncSetup.exe.zip, and cannot find /home/jim/Desktop/BirdieSyncSetup.exe.ZIP, period.

I don't have a clue what this means or what to do next!

Thanks for any help.

Jim

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Problem installing on laptop

Post by Birdy »

Hello Jim,

You mentioned that you were under Ubuntu. Presently BirdieSync doesn't support Unix operating system. BirdieSync setup can only be executed on Windows. That may explain your problem.

In a more general way, if a problem occurs when executing BirdieSync setup, it generally means that this file was improperly downloaded from BirdieSync web site. Ii is necessary to download BirdieSync setup file again after having cleaned the cache of your Internet browser.

For instance in Firefox, it's "Tools/Advanced/Network/Empty cache now"
In Internet Explorer, it's "Tools/Internet Options/General Options/Deletes.../Temporary Internet Files/Delete files..."
Birdy

Jkchrisman

Re: Problem installing on laptop

Post by Jkchrisman »

Thanks for the information. Do you know if there are any plans to make it available for Unix?

Thanks again

Jim