Error While syncing with Lightning calendar

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
surgent

Error While syncing with Lightning calendar

Post by surgent »

While attempting to sync with my lightning calendar version .9

I get the following error An error has occurred when writing to the calendar ________________ (says which calendar)!
When i click details I get this error listed at the error number MODIFICATION_FAILED
and there are no further details.

I was having this problem before I up graded to the new version of Birdie Sync and it is still continuing, everything else syncs just not the Events.

Thanks

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Error While syncing with Lightning calendar

Post by Birdy »

Hello surgent,

After having closed Thunderbird/Sunbird, disconnected, reconnected your mobile device and waited for the end of the synchronization, could you send your logs with the Thunderbird/Sunbird menu "Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs..." to support(at)birdiesync.com ?
Thanks.
Birdy

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

There might be a problem with the Google calendar provider 0.5.2. I tried to manually create a recurring event (daily or yearly) and got the same error (modification failed with the same error found in the logs).
Do you have the same problem with the version 0.5.1 ?
I saw in bugzilla that other users recently reported a similar problem.

Don't forget to backup your calendar data before doing any tests.
Birdy

surgent

Post by surgent »

thanks I will check how do I back up the calendar data? Is it just through export?

I just did a sync with the google provider .5.2 disabled and it sync'd without the error message. now that you mention it, i did start having problems after the add on was updated

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

There is an "Export calendars" button below the "Create calendar" button in Calendar Settings/Calendar on Google calendar web site.
You can also download an ICS version of your Google calendar and save the file.
Birdy