Task status not synchronized

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Egoist

Task status not synchronized

Post by Egoist »

I have Thurderbird 2.0 w/ Lightning 0.9 and BirdieSync 1.7.1.2 at home and Outlook at work and I sync to both. In my device the tasks sync well to work; the tasks that are complete show complete. However, when I sync at home the tasks appear complete in Thurderbird (check mark with line through) but the status shows "Not specified" so if I want to just see the active tasks it shows everything.
Also maybe related, the categories I have in Outlook translate to Thurderbird in the task but not to the list of categories in Lightning.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Task status not synchronized

Post by Birdy »

Hello Egoist,

I will do some tests to check the behavior of Birdiesync.
Birdy

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

I could not reproduce the problem regarding the task status. If I create a task on the mobile device marked "not completed" and then check it "completed". The status is "Completed on..." in Thunderbird. This is the same if I directly create the task "completed" on the mobile device.
Do you have a different behavior if you do the same ? Or do you only have this behavior when you synchronize a task created with Outlook ?
Could you give me a procedure so that I can reproduce the problem ?
Note that it only works with BirdieSync 1.7.1.2 (in previous version, the task status was not synchronized).

Regarding the task/event category, it is not automatically added to the category list if it didn't exist. By now it is necessary to add it manually to have it present in the list (in Lightning/Sunbird options). Maybe another option could be added in BirdieSync to automatically add the synchronized category in the list of Lightning/Sunbird if not already present.
Birdy

Egoist

Post by Egoist »

Thanks for the update.

The tasks are being created in Outlook at work. I am synchronizing the tasks into my device and then syncronizing my device to Thuderbird at home. The tasks are being mark completed in Outlook. When I look at the device they also appear complete but when they transfer to Thunderbird, they "appear" completed with a line through them but when I check their status they don't get updated. If I want to look only at active tasks, everything shows up (even the tasks that have a line through them!).

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Do you have this problem with not recurring tasks and with recurring tasks ?

I see that you have this problem when you synchronized a task completed with Outlook. Do you also have it when you create a task directly on the mobile device in Pocket Outlook and mark it completed ?
Birdy