unable to save message as draft while syncing

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
gekido

unable to save message as draft while syncing

Post by gekido »

I am continuously getting the error 'unable to save your message as draft' while performing a sync. This message pops up dozens of times every time I sync - literally once per email that gets synced. How do I fix this?

A secondary issue is that when I sync, the emails from thunderbird don't go into the inbox folder on my handheld, they go into a 'T-Inbox' folder that I must browse seperately. Is this just 'how it is' or can I fix this so that all of my emails go into the proper folder on the phone?

Thanx, I'm liking the app so far and so far think I want to get the registered version, but this sync error message is very annoying and I'm getting sick of fighting with it.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: unable to save message as draft while syncing

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

By now, Inbox is synchronized in T-Inbox to avoid conflicts if you download your mails on your mobile device from the Internet. Maybe a solution will be provided in a next version of BirdieSync.

After having closed Thunderbird/Sunbird, disconnected, reconnected your mobile device and waited for the end of the synchronization, could you send your logs with "Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs..." to support(at)birdiesync.com ?
Thanks.
Birdy

gekido

Post by gekido »

will do - did a bit more checking - basically it pops that message (could not save message as draft) for any messages that are reported as 'conflicted'.

Not only this, but every time I plug my device in, it seems to sync with thunderbird multiple times, so if I have, say 10 messages 'conflicted' - thunderbird will pop that message 10 times for every time it syncs - and since it's a modal dialog, it steals focus and will not let me do anything else in thunderbird until I click 'ok' all 10 times.

Very annoying.

Will send logs in a moment (once I get rid of these messages again).

gekido

Post by gekido »

logs sent.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

Sorry but I haven't received your logs. Could you send them again ?
Thanks.
Birdy

Wampa

Post by Wampa »

Was this ever resolved? I am having a problem that sounds similar. Only started occurring after I changed one of my email accounts to IMAP rather than POP3.

Get lots of 'Unable to save your message as draft' type messages, despite not having any messages in draft folders on either PC or mobile device.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello Wampa,

Some modifications were made to solve a specific problem but it could be another problem.
After having closed Thunderbird/Sunbird, disconnected, reconnected your mobile device and waited for the end of the synchronization, could you send your logs with the Thunderbird/Sunbird menu "Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs..." to support(at)birdiesync.com ?
Thanks.
Birdy

GreenRover

Post by GreenRover »

I have the Same Problem and send my Report with screenshoots and logs by mail to you (support@...).
I hope your reseaved it.

One more aditional Informations.
Trough birdisync i have in my sendet mails directory some mails i cant delete or show the content.