Installation on Orange E650 (HTC S710)

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
stingus

Installation on Orange E650 (HTC S710)

Post by stingus »

Hi,
I've been trying to install BirdieSync on my E650 (HTC S710 Orange branded) but after every attempt this error pops up:
"An error occurred while starting BirdieSync. To avoid later synchronization errors, please restart your mobile."
The phone runs WM6, is definitely unlocked and the CAB installs. After every restart or if I manually launch \ProgramFiles\BirdieSync\BirdieWatcher.exe the same error pops.

Thanks for your help,
Arthur

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Installation on Orange E650 (HTC S710)

Post by Birdy »

Hello stingus,

The E650 is a smartphone (no touch screen) so you very likely have to "application unlock" it as described in this FAQ topic.

After having closed Thunderbird/Sunbird, disconnected, reconnected your mobile device and waited for the end of the synchronization, could you send your logs with the Thunderbird/Sunbird menu "Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs..." to support(at)birdiesync.com ?
Thanks.
Birdy

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Installation on Orange E650 (HTC S710)

Post by Birdy »

According to the logs, the mobile device is "application locked". I suggest you to "application unlock" it as described in FAQ topic. You may try to use a tool like SDA_ApplicationUnlock.
Birdy