sync looping

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
ChefChaudart

sync looping

Post by ChefChaudart »

Hello,

since a few weeks, sometimes, the sync is looping endlessly :shock:

the progress bar goes to the end, then get back to 70%, then goes again to the end , then back ...

XP SP3

Cheers

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: sync looping

Post by Birdy »

Hello ChefChaudart,

After having closed Thunderbird/Sunbird, disconnected, reconnected your mobile device and waited for the end of the synchronization (or when you see it loops endlessly), could you send your logs with the Thunderbird/Sunbird menu "Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs..." or 'Windows Start menu/All programs/BirdieSync/Archive logs..." to support(at)birdiesync.com ?
Thanks.
Birdy

ChefChaudart

Post by ChefChaudart »

Hello,

No news ?

Cheers

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

I sent to you another response by email (with some details about particular events you have).

So regarding the loop problem, it very likely comes from a problem between the Lightning calDAV provider and the Google calDAV calendar. It may still have problems using Google calDAV calendars in Lighting as described in this page. By now, I would recommend to stick to the Google calendar provider and still use XML address to access to the Google calendar. I'll try to investigate more the reason of this calDAV specific problem.
Birdy

kresobradic

Post by kresobradic »

i have the same problem.
i switched off all external calendars in thunderbird tools/birdiesync/options, but problem still exist.
any clue?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello kresobradic,

After having closed Thunderbird/Sunbird, disconnected, reconnected your mobile device and waited for the end of the synchronization (or when you see it loops), could you send your logs with the Thunderbird/Sunbird menu "Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs..." to support(at)birdiesync.com ?
Thanks.
Birdy

Taraman

Post by Taraman »

I'm trying Birdiesync since 3 days and I have the same problem.
My System:
Win XP Pro SP3
Portable-TB 2.0.0.23
Lightning 0.9 with local calendars only.
Provider for Google calendar is installed but currently unused.

when I have ActiveSync Window in the foreground, the sync stops sometimes, but when I get TB back into the foreground it starts again - although I do not change anything.
I also get some "unconfirmed Items" - whatever that means...

Logs will be sent to you.

Taraman