SeaMonkey Support?

If you dream about having BirdieSync casting your horoscope, this is the place to ask for it...
jtek

SeaMonkey Support?

Post by jtek »

Now that SeaMonkey 2.0 has been released, what are the chances of BirdieSync being updated to support SeaMonkey. According to the release notes...

"Tabbed Mail enables accounts, folders and even single messages to be opened in tabs inside the Mail & Newsgroups window. This feature also enables the Lightning extension to be installed into SeaMonkey for calendering functionality."

Based on my understanding, this means Birdiesync should be able to work with SeaMonkey now (after and update of course). Your feedback is greatly appreciated as I would really like to go back to using SM as a suite. Nothing against Thunderbird - a personal preference.

Thank you for your time...

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: SeaMonkey Support?

Post by Birdy »

Hello jtek,

It will be necessary to investigate on this topic. Before it was not possible because Lightning was not supported in SeaMonkey 1.x. But maybe it will now if SeaMonkey 2.0 supports Lightning.
Birdy

jtek

Post by jtek »

Thanks for the update, Birdy. The one thing that has not happened that will need to happen first is for the Lightning folks to release an update that supports SeaMonkey. I checked their web site and nothing new as of yet which is understandable since SM 2 was just released last week. But, one would think some coordination would occur between the SM and Lightning crew. I know this does not happen, but I can dream. I am a project manager if that helps make sense of my jabbering. :D

Thanks again and I hope things work out for SM support. It is nice to have choices. :wink:

jtek

Post by jtek »

Hello Birdy!

Any update on SeaMonkey support now that is has been out for a bit and is supported by the Lightening extension?

Although I would be disappointed, if you do not plan on supporting SeaMonkey please let us know. No worries and for me it eliminates a data backup step in converting my address book from CSV to LDIF format. :)

I would prefer to use SeaMonkey but am okay using Firefox and Thunderbird. This is a preference issue and would not be if SeaMonkey 2 supported a browser only mode as before, but can't due to the new code base. Also, if my Pocket PC died, that would resolve the issue, too. :lol:

Merely looking for a status update. Either way, I am thankful for the support and enhancements you provide and look forward to syncing my Pocket PC with Thunderbird instead of Outlook!