Upgrade Problem

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
drkramer

Upgrade Problem

Post by drkramer »

I have a desktop PC running Vista and and htc touch pro. They have been working fine using birdiesync for many months. I decided to try and use my mobile with my laptop, which runs windows 7. I downloaded the program from the birdiesync site, installed it new on the laptop and when starting a sync, was told the mobile must be updated to the current driver (the mobile an my desktop are one point below currend birdiesync).

I downloaded the new driver to the desktop and went to install it. The birdiesync install gets to the screen about closing the mobile device center, then I get an error message "Impossible to stop the Windows Mobile Device Center".

==

I would like to have my mobile sync with both my laptop (used at home and on remote) and my desktop (fixed at my office location). Is this possible? Any issues, if I can make this update work?

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Upgrade Problem

Post by Birdy »

Hello drkramer,

It should be possible to synchronize with both computers. Before any operation, don't forget to backup your data as mentioned in this FAQ topic.

Regarding your problem stopping the WMDC, does this FAQ topic help ?
Birdy

drkramer

Post by drkramer »

Hi Birdy,

I think restarting my computer may have been the solution. This morning I came in and tried to install - it worked flawlessly. Backups? Nah... I love living dangerously 8) ... I do use the addressbook sync add-in for thunderbird to keep a copy of my address book on a server (and share subsets with family and friends that way).

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Backups? Nah... I love living dangerously 8)
:)
Birdy