PC Overulling Mobile

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
rfcvb72

PC Overulling Mobile

Post by rfcvb72 »

Hi Birdy, hope you had a good Christmas, sorry to kick off the new year with a problem!

I have just switched to using an Imate K-Jam (HTC Wizard) and cannot make the PC read new or changed appointments from it, this is a problem I never had with my old Alpine

It seems to happen whichever rom I use on the K-Jam, I have reinstalled Birdiesync several times but to no avail

The phone will read from Tbird with no problems

Setup is Tbird 1.5.09, Lightning 0.3 and WM5 on the Wizard, which is SIM and CID unlocked

Any ideas? I have tried everything I can think of!

warmest regards to all on the board

Robert

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello Robert,

Well, let's deal with this problem before the new year. :)

Do you succeed in synchronizing from the desktop to the mobile ?
Is it only from the device to the desktop that you have problems ?
Do you only have problems with appointments (not with contacts) ?
If you create an appointment on the mobile, disconnect and reconnect the mobile, does it appear on the desktop ?
If you modify an appointment on the mobile, disconnect and reconnect the mobile, does the modification appear on the desktop ?

Could you send me the log files as described in this thread ?

Thanks.

Best wishes for the holidays !
Birdy

rfcvb72

Hi Birdy!

Post by rfcvb72 »

Hi Birdy, I will try to make thisa as simple as can, but it is starting to confuse me a bit

If I create an appointment on the device and connect later, it appears to sync if I reconnect, though not if just hit the sync button in ActiveSync

If I create an appointment on the device while connected, it does not sync

If I edit or delete the same appointment on the device, then sync, the PC entry does not change, but the entry is not
transferred back to the device.

The situation seems exactly the same with contacts

It seems to be that changes are logged in a hit and miss kind of way after 2 or 3 syncs, although this is a obviously a real pain!

I have emailed you the logs you requested, hopefully they will make more sense than me!

warmest regards

Robert

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

The problem was fixed. The correction is part of version 1.4.0.0.
Birdy