Option `handheld overwrites desktop'

If you dream about having BirdieSync casting your horoscope, this is the place to ask for it...
Itsacon

Option `handheld overwrites desktop'

Post by Itsacon »

When configuring what to sync between Thunderbird and the handheld, why are the only options `both ways' and 'From PC to mobile device'?

I just had to reinstall Thunderbird, configured an address book to sync with my mobile, and lo-and-behold, all my addresses are GONE.

Palm Hotsync (My previous PDA) always had an option: Handheld overwrites desktop, which was great for these fresh installs...

I have backups, but it'll be a day before I can put them back, so this causes me much unnecessary discomfort.

kira13

Re: Option `handheld overwrites desktop'

Post by kira13 »

I too wish this option. My phone is much newer than my computer, so chances are good that I will need to transfer the info from my phone to the next computer. In addition, my laptop died, and I hope to get a new one even before I get a new desktop computer. Once I have two computers again, I expect that my phone will be the primary source of my calendar, task, and contact info, so I'd really like to be able to override wrong info in the computers if necessary.

And I'm surprised to see no other comments on it between January and now.

Kira

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello Kira,

With ActiveSync, it was not possible to provide such an option. But with the new synchronization engine of BirdieSync 2.0, that may be possible. So maybe this feature will be provided in the future.
Birdy

zabo

Post by zabo »

+1

...and may a add a "copy from PC/device but maintain the existing data if not duplicate" feature?

Arnaldo

jga

Post by jga »

+1

servantoftheking

Post by servantoftheking »

+1