BirdieSync 2.0.0.0 beta - bug reports

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
matczar

Re: BirdieSync 2.0.0.0 beta - bug reports

Post by matczar »

Does anyone have the same problem when installing the latest version? The error appears for a moment, when you press 'Next' at this stage of installation.
Perhaps it is only on my system (Win XP, SP3)?
Oh, and the previous version of the installer (2.0.0.0beta-f), this error does not appear to me.

cougouar

Post by cougouar »

Hello
matczar wrote:Does anyone have the same problem when installing the latest version? The error appears for a moment, when you press 'Next' at this stage of installation.
Oh, and the previous version of the installer (2.0.0.0beta-f), this error does not appear to me
I have the same problem, I'm using the installer 2.0.0.0beta-f, Xp sp3, activesync 4.5, Lightning 1.0b1pre, Thunderbird 3.0, spv m650.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Thank you for the reports. The problem regarding the assembly and the reconnection problem with Windows Mobile 2003 are being investigated.
Birdy

Ulanova

Post by Ulanova »

Birdysync 2 runs on Thunderbird 3 final with latest beta of lightning installed. Device is a Windows Mobile 6 Asus MyPal A626.

Sync of Contacts,Jobs and Dates runs perfect.

But: No Mail sync. Display shows Mails are compared between Destop and Mobile. For hours...
What can I do to get it done? What do I have to do on my mobile device? Should I create a new Mail account or should I delete all mail accounts?

Take care

Ula

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello Ula,

When you see it no longer progresses, could you send your logs built with "Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs..." to support(at)birdiesync.com ?
Thanks.
Birdy

skai

Post by skai »

cougouar wrote:Hello
matczar wrote:Does anyone have the same problem when installing the latest version? The error appears for a moment, when you press 'Next' at this stage of installation.
Oh, and the previous version of the installer (2.0.0.0beta-f), this error does not appear to me
I have the same problem, I'm using the installer 2.0.0.0beta-f, Xp sp3, activesync 4.5, Lightning 1.0b1pre, Thunderbird 3.0, spv m650.
Nearly same config here (other mobile device) - same problem.

Ulanova

Post by Ulanova »

Good news: After deleting every mail account on my mobile device, sync seems to work.

Take care

Ula

Taraman

Post by Taraman »

Hi Birdy!

Is the Beta already running with TB3.0 Portable?

Taraman

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

The beta 2.0 version g should solve the reconnection problems with Pocket PC 2003 devices (and sometimes with other mobile devices). If you still have reconnection problems (BirdieSync doesn't detect the mobile device as connected while ActiveSync/Windows Mobile Device Center mentions that the device is connected), please report this problem.

The problem regarding the assembly is still being investigated.

@Taraman:

BirdieSync should also work with portable Thundebird. Before installing this new version, uninstall BirdieSync. Restart Thunderbird (to uninstall BirdieSync extension) and then install next version of BirdieSync.
Birdy

Janina

Post by Janina »

Hello,

I trued to install the latest BirdieSynch version and got the same error as documented by matczar on Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:24 am.

I have installed

thunderbird 3
lightning 1.0pre
Microsoft ActiveSynch 4.5.0 Build 5096

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks and kind regards,

Janina

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Beta version h was published and should fix the problem regarding the installation of an assembly.
Birdy

TheSorcerer

Re: Thunderbird 3

Post by TheSorcerer »

regarding Birdiesync 2.0 Beta:

I found the Smartphone Application consuming tremendous amounts of CPU cycles on my HTC HD2 - in fact so much, that I had to remove it to keep my phone working properly (about 70% to 80%). The phone was not connected to the PC at the time the Birdiesync application took some much CPU cycles. Shouldn't it do pretty much nothing at that stage?

Janina

Post by Janina »

Hey it works! Thanks a lot for the fast bugfix :-)

Have a nice third 'Advent'

Kind regards, Janina

deHoeninger

Post by deHoeninger »

Hello,
yes it works, with Version h there was no longer a problem with the installation. But i have some other problems with the syncronisation. BirdieSync mostly doesn't notice the connected device, but AS is well connected. My open BirdieSync says allways "Disconnected" for the device, and also for Thunderbird.

My setup:
thunderbird 3 + lightning 1.0pre
Microsoft ActiveSynch 4.5.0 Build 5096 (Windows XP)

Best,

Jan

PS:
There is another problem with my events. I have approximately 1000 events on my mobile device, and i had them also all at thunderbird 2.0 + lightning in different calendars. After the first sync with new BirdieSync, all events on my pc were deleted. On my mobile they still exists. A fully resync changed nothing. BirdieSync shows me a total count of zero items in the activation overview. Do you have an idea, how i can sync my events back to the pc?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello deHoeninger,

First thing to do, ensure to have a BACKUP of all your data as mentioned in this FAQ topic.

Could you send me the logs built with "Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs":
- Right after the mobile device is not detected as connected in BirdieSync although it is in ActiveSync/Windows Mobile Device Center and you can still access to its files in the desktop Windows File Explorer.
- Right after a synchronization when you have 1000 items on the mobile device and 0 in Lightning.

Also check that after a restart of Lightning you still have 0 items in your calendars.

Thanks.
Birdy