BirdieSync 2.0.0.0 beta - bug reports

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
chewy5

Re: BirdieSync 2.0.0.0 beta - bug reports

Post by chewy5 »

Thanks so very much - Happy Holidays to you and your family.

scotwitt

Post by scotwitt »

Howdy-

I'm having the same issue. After problems I did the following:

1. Reset my HTC-Mogul to Factory Default
2. installed Thunderbird 3.0 with the latest Lightning Extension
3. Downloaded and installed version 0 of the BS beta.
4. It worked once, it failed at the 30 minute re-synch period- the BS Menu showed the HTC was not connected. Active Synch said it was.
5. I Rebooted the laptop and the HTC. Restarted TBird. Got this error message: BirdieSync ins not installed on the mobile. It seems that BirdieSync is not properly installed on the mobile. If the error persists, please reinstall BirdieSync onn the mobile. Disconnect and reconnect your mobile to relaunch the synchronization.
6. Everyone will note there's no separate mobile cab available, so I reinstalled the beta on the laptop. Installed on both machines just fine. Still got the same error...remember that Active Sync is still saying the HTC is connected.
7. Being insane and expecting another outcome, I uninstalled BS on both machines and reinstalled for a third time. Same results.
8. So I created an Archive Log- WHICH INDICATED THE HTC WAS CONNECTED ON THE ARCHIVE MENU.

I'm forwarding the zip file to you by e-mail because I know how angry it makes me zooming through yards of technospeak on a support page.

You are doing a FABULOUS job and I can't wait for these minor issues to be worked out.

billywill

Post by billywill »

[quote="scotwitt"]Howdy-

7. Being insane and expecting another outcome, I uninstalled BS on both machines and reinstalled for a third time. Same results.

Hey ScotWitt this behaviour is not limited to beta testers......
If you have happened to witness the support of voters for leaders of most democratic countries, then you'll agree that against all odds the populace accepts a vast experiment with their future, often a few times before they make the required change........

Running beta p just fine.

Also Birdie, I would have preferred to pay a new subscription rather than be locked out of a beta, I'm sure you realise that we have all migrated to TB3 and BS2 and very difficult to go back. Also I would reiterate the earlier comments about the lack of direction on your main pages to this forum and the beta.

All the best of the festive season to you all and good luck for the new year.

kdhbrz

Post by kdhbrz »

Hi,
having installed Thunderbird 3.0, Lightning 1.0b2pre and BirdieSync 2.0.0.0beta-p I tried to synchronize data with my Mobile. Got no connection :( . BirdieSync windows shows "No moble device connected". No installation was made on the mobile. But Microsoft Active Sync 4.5 has connected to device correctly. What to do...?
Tks. for answer.

Latest version (TB 2.x with BirdieSynce 1.x) worked very fine...

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello kdhbrz,

When you get this connection problem, could you please send the logs to support(at)birdiesync.com with the Thunderbird menu "Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs..." ?
Did you authorize BirdieSync.exe to accept incoming connections ?
Which firewall do you use ?
Thanks.
Birdy

jimriley

Post by jimriley »

Just installed tbird 3 with bs 2, it's working but there are a couple of problems. Firstly I get "unexpected error" message when i click "archive logs" so I cant send them. On connecting phone (htc touch 3g/Jade) I get "cant find default email prog" but then tbird opens, tb 3 is set to default email.. sync then proceeds but I get "first time sync box" for events, but events have synced successfully already.
can I recover logs manually, would it help?
keep up the good work

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello jimriley,

Yes, you can manually copy the desktop logs which are located in:
XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<users name>\Application Data\BirdieSync\Log\
Vista/7: C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\BirdieSync\Log
(Application Data is a hidden folder: in explorer window, you must check the option "Show hidden files and folders")
And send all the logs (*.log) to support(at)birdiesync.com after you get the problem while synchronizing.
I get "first time sync box" for events, but events have synced successfully already.
When you look at the "Next synchronization" field for events in "Activation" tab, is it displayed "Synchronization" or "Full synchronization" ? In the "Last synchronization" is it displayed "... ago" ? Is there a number in "Items" field ?

The "default email prog" occurs on Windows 7 if Outlook is not installed... Do you have a partnership defined in the WMDC ? Do you have this message even with no partnership defined ?
Birdy

jimriley

Post by jimriley »

Hi
Logs sent, events sync says "full sync 0 files" I dont have outlook installed.
there is a partnership set up with wmdc, do you want me to deactivate it and sync again. I take it now bs syncs by itself I dont need wmdc pairing set up?

jimriley

Post by jimriley »

hmmm, just gone to phone, pics have gone from phone favourites list after the last sync, tho they were there after the sync before . numbers are still functioning.

zyx2002

Post by zyx2002 »

Hello,
i've got problems during the installation:
"an error occured while adding BirdieSync advanced rule to firewall"
Log:
"Local 2009-12-28 14:31:29::210 Updating preference file
Local 2009-12-28 14:31:29::210 ERROR: Impossible to open file, error = 5 (GetLastError = 2)
Local 2009-12-28 14:31:29::211 ERROR: Impossible to open file 'C:/Program Files/BirdieSync/Preferences.xml' with attempts (GetLastError = 2)
Local 2009-12-28 14:31:29::211 ERROR: Impossible to load archive file (GetLastError = 0)
Local 2009-12-28 14:31:29::211 WARNING: Could not load previous version of preference file for upgrading: C:\Program Files\BirdieSync/Preferences.xml (GetLastError = 0)"

I'm runnig windows vista. I've turned off windows defender, windows firewall and antivirus.

Kai

Post by Kai »

Hi,

I just installed the Beta-P and everything works. There are only two minor points.

1) Everytime I connect the mobile device the synch of the device manager starts and tells me that I have to set a default email program. In version 1.7 birdiesynch hides this window, but with the Beta it comes up every time. Do you have any plans to fix this problem? If not I would suggest that birdiesynch everytime a synch starts makes it possible to start a user selectable program. So I would start before the synch a little tool that will wait for the window and send the window an enter key if it comes up.

2) The actual Beta-P synchs all events. Is it possible to adjust the time gap?

Best regards,
Kai

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

@zyx2002:

I sent you a new version by email to investigate on your problem. Note that this version should finalize the installation even if there was an error with the firewall.

@Kai:

Regarding the "default email program" warning, do you still have it if no partnership is defined in the WMDC ?

In BirdieSync options in Thunderbird or Sunbird you can choose a period of synchronization to synchronize for instance only the events of the 2 last weeks (the older events will be removed from the mobile device but should remain in Lightning/Sunbird). Have a look at "Tools/BirdieSync/Options.../Event/Miscellaneous" tab.
Birdy

zyx2002

Post by zyx2002 »

@birdy:
Hi,
thank you for your help!
I've send you the mail with logs.
Regards.

Kai

Post by Kai »

Birdy wrote:@Kai:

Regarding the "default email program" warning, do you still have it if no partnership is defined in the WMDC ?

In BirdieSync options in Thunderbird or Sunbird you can choose a period of synchronization to synchronize for instance only the events of the 2 last weeks (the older events will be removed from the mobile device but should remain in Lightning/Sunbird). Have a look at "Tools/BirdieSync/Options.../Event/Miscellaneous" tab.
Hi Birdy,

If I delete the partnership the warning does not come up, but the dialog for adding new partnership is shown :(

After looking at "Tools/Birdiesync/Options" I solved the problem with the synch of old events. Thanks! I only searched for this setting in the birdie synch dialog of the tray icon. I am a bit lazy :D

Regards,
Kai

jangliss

Post by jangliss »

I've not had any issues with it syncing, which is pretty cool, great job. However since I installed P, I've noticed the app jumps to the front of the screen (impressive for a background service), and blacks out the screen, blocking me from doing anything until I close it out using the X.

This is on an HTC TouchPro 2 (specifically the AT&T Tilt 2), running a custom ROM with Windows Mobile 6.5.