Initial sync from device to desktop

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
tgrigsby

Initial sync from device to desktop

Post by tgrigsby »

When I installed BirdieSync 2.0, it starts off by asking me whether I'd like to merge my desktop into my device, replace my device entries with my desktop entries, or cancel. There's no option to replace my desktop entries with my device entries. I'd rather not lose what I have entered in the past few weeks on my device. Did I miss some setting?

Thanks in advance,

Todd

Gue

Re: Initial sync from device to desktop

Post by Gue »

I also wondered what to do.
So I deleted all entries on my desktop and merged.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Yes by now it's not automatically possible to replace the desktop content with the mobile device one during the first synchronization. Maybe it will be possible to do it in the future. But the workaround that Gue proposed is the correct one. But you may be careful in which address book or calendar the items created on the mobile device will be synchronized. I suggest you to read the help file regarding options like "Link calendar to appointment and task category".
Birdy

tgrigsby

Post by tgrigsby »

Okay, I certainly appreciate the advice, but as one software developer to another, you might want to consider an option to make the mobile device the primary source when first installing the software. I really just use Thunderbird as my backup to my mobile device. The mobile device is my main repository for phone, address, and calendar information.

ldmpub

Post by ldmpub »

+1 : I've got the same problem for my first Synch :? . My mobile is my "reference" ! The workaround works but I've passed 1/2 an hour browsing this forum to solve this issue. Not a nice "first contact" with BirdieSync :evil: .