No synchronization of my mailbox

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
SittigSuperstar

No synchronization of my mailbox

Post by SittigSuperstar »

Hi,

Birdiesync works now, but it doesn't really synchronize my mail-inbox...
I tried it with mail-trash and my sent mails and it works properly.
I'm really sure I didn't touch new emails in thunderbird, so that it shows me the title in fat letters, but after synchronizing my ppc there are no new messages.

Schönen Abend noch,
Sebastian

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Does the device disconnect or do you simply not see your new messages in mobile Inbox ?
Last edited by Birdy on Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Birdy

SittigSuperstar

i'm simply not seeing them!

he's not disconnecting, at least activesync tells me syncro was successful.
works with other mail-folders normally.

Just can't see them into inbox!

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

I tried different configuration with the account (only download headers for instance) but everything seems to work fine.
Coud you tell me if you have a different configuration than POP server and downloading to the local folder ?

If you try to synchronize with the ActiveSync window, menu "File/Synchronize". Does it synchronize ? (activate the alerts in BirdieSync options and check that they raise: don't rely only on ActiveSync window)

Only after trying the previous method, if you then disconnect and reconnect your mobile, does it synchronize new messages ?
Last edited by Birdy on Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Birdy

SittigSuperstar

well,
i've found a solution...

If I put the new mails into the inbox of the "local folder" of thunderbird, they are synchronized as it should be! Therefore its no prob with birdiesync.

But thats not what i want to have. I have two emails working parallel to "local folder", which is absolutely unused. Now I want my main mail-account synchronizing with ppc and not the "local folder" I don't use anymore.
But that nothing refering to birdiesync, so, if you know an answer, fine, when not, I'll do it some other way!

Danke und gute Nacht,
Sebastian

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Well that's a problem that was raised by other users: for the moment, it is not possible to synchronize with mail accounts that store their messages outside the "Local Folders".
Birdy