BirdieSync doesn't start anymore

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
ad2003

BirdieSync doesn't start anymore

Post by ad2003 »

Hi Birdie,

after I have installed the 2.0.1 beta, I was able to sync all categories without problems,
but after restart of PC and PPC, birdie didn't start (automaticaly/manual) when opening Thunderbird and connecting the ppc to pc.

Even when I try to start the exe - nothing happens (it appears in the taskmanager!). Before the update from 2.0.0 I removed everything on ppc and pc.
Maybe I have to start it on ppc?...

What could it be?

Thank you!

AD

EDIT: After starting it on ppc manually, and restarting on pc, it reacts again and syncs without a problem!

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: BirdieSync doesn't start anymore

Post by Birdy »

Hello ad2003,

If you exit BirdieSync on the desktop (File/Exit) it is not automatically relaunched if you connect your mobile device. You must launch it manually (Windows start menu/All programs/BirdieSync/BirdieSync)
If you launched BirdieSync manually and then connected your mobile device, it didn't work ?
Thanks.
Birdy

ad2003

Post by ad2003 »

Hello Birdy,

thank you for your reply.

It may be, that something on my ppc didn't work right (sometimes the ppc lags).
Now it seems to work again!

thank you!

AD

ad2003

Post by ad2003 »

Hi Birdy,

it's me again.

I have the same thing again:

I started my PC and Birdy is running (taskmanager) and on the phone but it's not sycing.

Mayber it has something to do with, that I have shutdown PC in Standby Mode.

After killing birdiesync.exe in the taskmanager and restarting - it worked again.
Thunderbird restarted and then it synced.

Thanks,
Greetings,

AD