syncronization delete every new event on mobile

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
kresobradic

syncronization delete every new event on mobile

Post by kresobradic »

So this is happen after moving to BS2. Every time when create new event on mobile device after synchronization this event is deleted as it says in history tab.
WM 6.5, Win XP sp2, TB 3.0.1, BS 2.0.0.1
Why is this happen?

regards.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: syncronization delete every new event on mobile

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

Could you confirm that the synchronization way chosen for your (default) calendar was not "From PC to mobile device" ? If the synchronization is in "read only" mode, every creation/modification/deletion on the mobile device synchronized with this calendar will be reverted. So a newly created event on the mobile device will be deleted.
Which reason is mentioned in BirdieSync history to explain the deletion of the event ?
Thanks.
Birdy

kresobradic

Post by kresobradic »

Nope, I am synchronizing 2 calendars, first is my local and is in "both ways" mode, the second one is public and is in "from pc to mobile device" mode.
But, when I create new event on mobile I do not grant it a category, and therefore it is deleted.
I made a test, create new event in the same category as my TB calendar and it is synchronized perfect.
Wired, on previous BS releases I did not pay attention about categories when did create new event on mobile device.
I can not say that this is a bug, but it works different then before.

Thanks for hint.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

When an event has no category, it will be created in the "default" calendar. What it is your current "default" calendar ? Is it the local one (both ways) or the remote public one ? (from PC to mobile device). If it is the latter, that would explain why your event is deleted. And the behavior would be consistent with BirdieSync previous version.
Birdy

kresobradic

Post by kresobradic »

oh it is my fault. i missed the "default" button. now is everything clear. thanks.