2.0.0.1 breaks mobile connection

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
frust

2.0.0.1 breaks mobile connection

Post by frust »

hi,
after installing the 2.0.0.1 (trial) version on windows 7 w. thunderbird 3 & lightning / LG KS20 w. Win Mobile 6.0 I have absolutely no connection to the mobile phone.
The phone is absolutely slow. The USB connection is not detected.
Birdiesync states that no device is found.
Windows 7 does not detect the mobile phone anymore.
After deinstalling Birdiesync from the mobile, the connection is working again. But of course birdie sync is not...
Any ideas?

UPDATE:
if I manually select 'mobile phone 6.0' on installation, it works. But it mocks about a wrong installed version without touch and wants to be completely new installed with pocket pc 6.0 version.

:?

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: 2.0.0.1 breaks mobile connection

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

When you say "The USB connection is not detected", do you mean that the Windows Mobile Device Center no longer detects the mobile phone as connected ?
Right after you installed BirdieSync (which required your mobile device to be connected), was the mobile device properly detected connected in BirdieSync main window ?
If not, could you send your logs with the Thunderbird/Sunbird menu "Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs..." to support(at)birdiesync.com ?
Is your mobile device slow at that moment ?
Is your mobile device slow when you disconnect your mobile device ?

There is a difference between Pocket PC and Smartphone version. The installer should automatically detect the correct one to install on your mobile device. Since your LG KS20 has a touch screen, it should be a "Pocket PC" version.
Birdy

frust

Re: 2.0.0.1 breaks mobile connection

Post by frust »

When you say "The USB connection is not detected", do you mean that the Windows Mobile Device Center no longer detects the mobile phone as connected ?
While installation it is detected and keeps detected. But once detached it is never coming back.
Right after you installed BirdieSync (which required your mobile device to be connected), was the mobile device properly detected connected in BirdieSync main window ?
"Windows Mobile-Gerätecenter" (wmdc.exe) sees it connected, BirdieSync not.
Is your mobile device slow at that moment ?
Is your mobile device slow when you disconnect your mobile device ?
It is very slow at the moment I cannot even enter the pin code to unlock it. (Takes about 5seconds per touch event)
Disconnected it does not speed-up.

I send the logs...