BS does not install on Mobile

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
marcus

BS does not install on Mobile

Post by marcus »

Hi,

i just purchased the upgrade and tried to install BS 2.0.

During the installation procedure,WMDC (Win7) confirms a connection, BS detects the device type (Polaris) and says, that due to my security settings, I´d have to confirm a confirmation dialogue on my mobile, but this never happens.

Thank you for your help,
Marcus

Edit:
I just noticed that in the BS program folder´s subfolder "installation" there are several cab-files but none for pocketpc6.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: BS does not install on Mobile

Post by Birdy »

Hello Marcus,

Thank you for having upgraded your license !
When you installed BirdieSync, did you see several ActiveSync Application Manager windows on the desktop (mentioning the installation of BirdieSync of BirdieSync on the mobile device) ?
Did you see a window on the mobile device mentioning the progression of the installation ?
Setup.PocketPC5.0.CAB version is compatible with Windows Mobile 5.0-6.x.
You may try to manually copy it on the mobile device and launch it (from the mobile device).
Birdy

marcus

Re: BS does not install on Mobile

Post by marcus »

Birdy wrote:Hello Marcus,
When you installed BirdieSync, did you see several ActiveSync Application Manager windows on the desktop (mentioning the installation of BirdieSync of BirdieSync on the mobile device) ?
No.
Did you see a window on the mobile device mentioning the progression of the installation ?.
No.
Setup.PocketPC5.0.CAB version is compatible with Windows Mobile 5.0-6.x.
You may try to manually copy it on the mobile device and launch it (from the mobile device).
That worked, thanks!