Error during installation

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
yann.roger

Error during installation

Post by yann.roger »

Hi all,
I am using XP SP3, TB 3.0.3 with Lightning 1.0b1, ActiveSync 4.5 and an HTC HD2 (WM 6.5)

Almost at the end of BS installation on my Desktop PC, I got the following error "An Error occurred while cleaning extension cache".
However right after clicking OK on that Msg, BS was running fine on my Desktop PC but it could not see my HD2.

It seems BS was never installed on my HD2. By the way, never saw a popup on my HD2 to ask for BS installation on the mobile device.

I Went in TB extensions management to update manually BS options, adding profile paths and execution path for TB.
Then the BS extension module would allow me to select TB Calendar and Task.

But still, nothing new on the BS sync application. Everything is being grayed out. No mobile device detected. :(

Any advice?
:?:

yann.roger

Re: Error during installation

Post by yann.roger »

Must add something:
BS version is 2.0.0.1 in trial mode.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

This error could have stopped the installation and prevent from installing BirdieSync on the mobile device.
In the following directory:
XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<users name>\Application Data\BirdieSync\Log\
(Application Data is a hidden folder: in explorer window, you must check the option "Show hidden files and folders")
Could you send the file Install.log to support(at)birdiesync.com ?
Thanks.
Birdy

yann.roger

Post by yann.roger »

What a brillant support!!!

Following Birdy's instructions to replace ; by # at the beginning of my comments in "profile.ini" of TB, I then relaunched BS installation and succeeded!
My HTC HD2 is now synchronizing well!

Many thanks to the support... BirdieSync just won a new customer!
:D