no sync

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Willenbrock

no sync

Post by Willenbrock »

windows vista - tb 3.0.3 - birdiesync 2.0.0.0 - lightning 1.0b1 - samsung i900 omnia

At first everything worked fine, synchronisation was no problem. since three days my mobile device connects with the pc, but birdiesync does not discover the mobile device as connected and does not make any synchronisation -where is the problem???

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: no sync

Post by Birdy »

Hello Willenbrock,

After you've connected your mobile device, could you send your logs with the Thunderbird/Sunbird menu "Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs..." to support(at)birdiesync.com ?
Thanks.
Birdy

Willenbrock

Post by Willenbrock »

In the meantime it works again - i had deinstalled Windows Mobile Device Center, i installed it again - it seems to be necessary for the synchronisation - I thought, that it wouldn't be necessary anymore

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

The WMDC should not be necessary for the connection. Anyway if you say that the mobile device could connect to the PC (for instance you could browse your files on the mobile device from the Windows Explorer) while the WMDC was uninstalled, BirdieSync should also be able to connect.
Maybe it's another problem (related to Firewall ?).

Since you have a Windows Mobile 6.x device, on your mobile device, you may try to go in "Parameters/Connections/USB to PC" and uncheck "Enable advanced network functionalities" or "Enable faster data synchronization" to switch from RNDIS mode to Serial USB mode. That may solve connection problems.

If the problem comes back, please send me the logs.
Thanks.
Birdy