Install problem

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Atix

Install problem

Post by Atix »

Hello,
I tried to install BirdieSync 2.0 and just have an error that say I'm logged with a différent account that which is use to launch the install????????
It isn't possible so I don't understand what is wrong...
No error with Birdiesync 1.72.... installation work fine but can't use in thunderbird 3...

Sorry for my english.
Thanks.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Install problem

Post by Birdy »

Hello Atix,

Which operating system do you have ?
Do you have a "standard user" Windows account or an "administrator" account ?
When you launched the installed, did you simply double click on the installer or did you use the "Run as..." command ?
In the error message which was displayed, you should have had 2 account user names mentioned. Did you have 2 names or one of them was empty ?
Thanks.
Birdy

Atix

Post by Atix »

Hello,
thank you for the response.
My operating system is windows Trust XP, with only one user in administrator mode and I only double click on the installer.
In the message the second name was empty, yes.

Thank you, if you have an idea ^^.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Could you look into your temporary folder if you have a log file BirdieSyncInstall.log ? The temporary folder could be "C:\Windows\Temp" for instance. To get this folder, open a command prompt window (Windows start menu/All programs/Accessories/Command prompt), and then type "echo %TEMP%"
If you have this file, is it empty ? If not, could you send it to support(at)birdiesync.com ?
Thanks.
Birdy

Atix

Post by Atix »

argh empty one :/

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

I sent you by email another version to investigate on your problem. Could you please send your answers directly to support(at)birdiesync.com ?
Thanks.
Birdy

angelpopangel

Post by angelpopangel »

same here
win xp home, actual BS demo, TB3.0.3, only one account set up as admin

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

The problem should be fixed in version 2.0.1.2. Let me know if you have any problem installing this new version.
Thanks.
Birdy