Systray messages on Windows 7

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
tobomda

Systray messages on Windows 7

Post by tobomda »

I have Windows 7 x64 on my Laptop and there I must turn of Systray notifications because I get periodic Birdiesync start - stop messages.
After first synchronisation I had to kill Birdiesync after successful synchronisation because the bubble messages were not to stop.
Is this a problem of the new Windows 7 taskbar ?

UPDATE: Has occurred on my home PC with Windows XP also. Seems to be a problem during first synchronisation or if one item (contacts, events or tasks) has been resetted, so that it is in state like first synchronisation.

In following normal operation it not occurs.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Systray messages on Windows 7

Post by Birdy »

Hello tobomda,
the bubble messages were not to stop
If you click on them, do these message disappear ?
What do you mean by "were not to stop" ?
Thanks.
Birdy

tobomda

Post by tobomda »

Seems to be a crash during operation.
Sync is ready and the "End synchronisation" message comes. But then Birdiesyn means that is has to start again, crashes, end, start, crash and so on.
It is not a problem of the systray message. On the second computer the Birdiesync window was open and the start, stop, start, stop....was also to see.
But how I wote, only at fresh sync.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

What do you mean by "Seems to be a crash during operation." ? Do you see an error message during the synchronization ?
What is the model of your mobile device ?
Thanks.
Birdy

tobomda

Post by tobomda »

I mean a crash in a thread or whatelse. However Birdiesync starts synchronisation itself again, when it has finished. And again and again...
Mobile is a HTC Touch Diamond 2.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Actually it's not a crash but additional individual synchronizations launched after the global one.
Could you please download and install last version 2.0.1.3 ?
Then you may try to individually reset the synchronization of the categories (contacts, events, tasks, mails). After you got this problem, could you please generate a log archive (Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs...) and then send it to support(at)birdiesync.com ?
Thanks.
Birdy

tobomda

Post by tobomda »

Thanks for assistence, have sent the log.