Thunderbird and Outlook

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Heiner

Thunderbird and Outlook

Post by Heiner »

Hi, I want to use my mobile HTC-S710 with WM6.0 with Outlook 2007 at my work and with Thunderbird 3.04 at home. The synchronisation with thunderbird (Win 7 Home premium) at home works. The synchronisation with outlook 2007 (WIN XP Pro) does not work. I always get the message: With active sync it is not possible to synchronise scheduler, contact, email .. because ther is no Outlook installed at my PC. But Outlook works without problems. What can I do to synchronise my mobile with both systems? Are there any settings to do?
Thank you in advance for your help. Heiner

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Thunderbird and Outlook

Post by Birdy »

Hello Heiner,

BirdieSync should not interfere with your synchronization with Outlook. Did you try to reinstall Outlook on your work PC ?
Birdy

Heiner

Post by Heiner »

Hello Birdie, it is not possible for me to reinstall outook because it is a workstation in the company. But I think there is no problem. I have reinstaled the the complete smartphone and sysnchronised it with outlook at work. It worked properly. After this I have installed birdiesync at home and the synchronisation with thunderbird has worked fine. When I came back to the company synchronisation with outlook doesn't work and I got the message like written before. This prolems I didn't have when I used Office XP and Thunderbird 2.x. But the company has updated the Office software. So my question again: Is it not possible to synchronise my smartphone with both system? Thank you in advance. Heiner

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Yes it's possible to synchronize with Thunderbird on one machine and with Outlook on another one. I did the test again and it works properly.
So if ActiveSync tells you that Outlook is not installed (on your work machine) although it is, I would try to reinstall Outlook (although I understood that you cannot do it yourself).
Birdy