Always error Message

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Mattino

Always error Message

Post by Mattino »

Hi, I am using Windows 7 together with Birdysync 2.0.1.5 and Thunderbird 3.0.5. Since some time I cannot synchronize Cards and Events any more. The process ist stopped, an the error message says "Cards: Achtung" i.e. "Cards: Attention". The same error occurs with Events and Cards all the same. What could be the reason? How can I solve my problem? Thanks, Mattino - Berlin, Germany.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Always error Message

Post by Birdy »

Hello Mattino,

If you have a message "Cards: Achtung" i.e. "Cards: Attention", it means that this message is displayed by the Windows Mobile Device Center. But BirdieSync 2.0 no longer relies on the WMDC and now has its own synchronization engine. So this message could be still present if you used an old version of BirdieSync (1.x). If this was the case, I would suggest you to either unselect cards, events, etc. synchronization in the WMDC options or to delete the WMDC partnership ("Windows Mobile Device Center/End a partnership").
Birdy

Mattino

Post by Mattino »

Hey Birdy, thanks for your quick response. I uninstalled WMDC; however, when I now connect my Mobile to the computer it says:
The WMDC is not installed. You must download it and install it before BirdieSync Installation.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Can you confirm that you install BirdieSync 2.0.1.5 ? I tried to install this version with the WMDC uninstalled and had no problem running the installer.
Birdy