Wait a bit after starting Thunderbird before syncing

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
waza-ari

Wait a bit after starting Thunderbird before syncing

Post by waza-ari »

Hey all,

first: thumps up, great piece of software :)

Now my Question: When i connect my mobile phone, BirdieSync is automatically started, and therefore Thunderbird too. Now syncing started directly, without any time in between.

My Calendar is stored on my CalDav Server, so Thunderbird needs some time to check and download the calendar. Meanwhile BirdieSync is already syncing, with no elements in the calendar at this time. Is there any way to tell BirdieSync to wait at least a few seconds after starting Thunderbird? I always get this annoying "xxx elements will be deleted" message. In the meantime the calendar is loaded and i can sync in normal way, but it woult be great to avoid this.

Any hints?

Thanks in advance

Daniel Herrmann

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Wait a bit after starting Thunderbird before syncing

Post by Birdy »

Hello Daniel,

Actually BirdieSync should wait 10s for the calendar to be loaded. Do you think it takes more time in your case ?
Do you have a rough idea of the numbers of events in your calendar ?
Could you also tell me how many remote calendars you synchronize ?
Thanks.
Birdy

waza-ari

Re: Wait a bit after starting Thunderbird before syncing

Post by waza-ari »

Hey Birdy, thanks for your reply.

When i look at Thunderbird, there are only a few elements loaded before synchronizing starts. I have a very slow DSL connection, so it is possible, yes.

There should be something around 750 events, including some reoccuring events. Unfortunatly i found no good solution for deleting old events in Thunderbird... Many of them are not neccessary anymore.

It is only this calendar. Its the only one in Thunderbird and therefore the only one i synchronize.

Thanks in advance