2 devices an 2 adress books

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Thomas_FTL

2 devices an 2 adress books

Post by Thomas_FTL »

I have 2 devices. Smartphone and HTC. I want to use 2 different adress books in TB. One adressbook for smartphone and an other adressbook for HTC. How can I do this? Ther are not different options for several devices.

Thanks Thomas

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: 2 devices an 2 adress books

Post by Birdy »

Hello Thomas,

Sorry presently it's not possible. All the options in BirdieSync are common to all devices. The 2 address books will be synchronized on both devices.
Birdy

piXie

Post by piXie »

Will this ever be possible?
I've got two WinMo devices, one for business and one for personal use. So I really want to sync "AdressBook Business" with my business phone and "AdressBook Personal" with my personal phone.

Is there a work-around, except syncing on two different computers? I tried syncing on two different user-accounts, but this doesn't work when both accounts are logged on simultaneously. BS tells me to logg-out on the first account, but I would like to know if there's another option available.

Greetz, piXie

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello piXie,

Presently, I don't see easy workarounds (a script could be launched when you connect a mobile device to close Thunderbird, identify which mobile device is connected and generate the proper Preferences.xml file before synchronization is launched). It could be interesting to have preferences depending on the mobile device, but it would also complicate the way preferences are managed.
Birdy