Initialization failure of BirdieSync Thunderbird extension

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
luettenprinz

Initialization failure of BirdieSync Thunderbird extension

Post by luettenprinz »

Hello Birdy!

When connecting my mobile device, BirdieSync will start to make a sync. It shows, that my mobile device is connected and that TB will be launched. Even when TB is running, BirdieSync shows that TB is launching.
Than there is allways the warning: "Initialization failure of BirdieSync Thunderbird extension". This warning pops up when trying to sync Contacts, Events and Tasks.
TB pops up something like: "TB is running, but does not react. To open a new window please close TB or restart your PC." Closing TB, BirdieSync will open TB again and the warning will continue.

Installed is: TB 3.1.3, BirdieSync 2.1.0.1 on Windows 7 (32)
BirdieSync-Extension is visible and activated in TB Extension-Manager and BirdieSync Options can be opended and edited.

It worked until Friday, Sept. 10. and I do not remember having installed new extensions, but updated the existing extensions. When updating BirdieSync from 2.0.2.0, part of the other extensions are grayed out, and need a compatibility-update to work again. Even with 2.0.2.0 the same error occured. So I think, some other extension could be involved.

Log files are send by mail!

Bernd.

Fox jagt Bird

Re: Initialization failure of BirdieSync Thunderbird extensi

Post by Fox jagt Bird »

Hi Bernd,

I have exactly the same problem wtih the same Software. The only difference is that I have Windows 7 (64 bit).
I've tried so much already. Do you have already found a solution to the problem?

Christian

luettenprinz

Re: Initialization failure of BirdieSync Thunderbird extensi

Post by luettenprinz »

Hallo Christian,
Bei mir war es der Firewall (Norman). Dort muss BirdieSync und Thunderbird mit Serverrechten eingetragen sein, seitdem läuft es bei mir wieder super.

It was the firewall (Norman):
The problem seems to be:
BirdieSync needs rights as a server _and_ TB needs rights as a server.

Hoffe, das hilft weiter!

Bernd.