Problems with launching Thinderbird 3.1.4

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
maiemi

Post by maiemi »

Dear Support Team,

first I want to thank You for this great Program. I am very happy, now to be able useing free software instead of expensive ms-outlook.

So now I am using Thunderbird 3.1.4 with lightning 10b2 and BirdieSync 2.1.0.1 on a Windows 7 - 64-Bit Notebook. (Windows 7 Enterprise)

The issue I have is, that mostly I first have to go online with Thunderbird and, for example, catch all new mails, before BirdieSync is able to connect ( launch) Thunderbird for synchronisation.

It is no matter, if Thunderbird is already running or not, when I connect my HTC Touch Pro 2 with USB cable to my Notebook. BirdieSync very often is not able to launch / connect Thunerbird.

For example, if BirdieSync cannot connect to Thunderbird, I am receiving my Mails (the only way, I know to go online with Thunderbird). After catching my Mails, BierdieSync is connecting to Thunderbird and a Synchronisation is possible.

Re-plug my Phone is not working.

The way, I have to go online, is, using my Mobilephone, because I have no DSL / Wireless Lan / Lan, Telephone in my flat. (The Internet Connection of my mobile Phone is my way to go online)

I read that Thread ( http://www.birdiesync.com/forum/viewtop ... 1349#p5645), but the solution there (to configure a firewall) is not mine, because I am using Káspersky Internet Security and both, Thunderbird and BirdieSync is configured to work without any limit. (The Software ist trusted)

What can I do ?

I would like to register my Version of BirdieSync, because I would like to use the great Mozilla Products instead of others.... There are about 12 Days left for trial....

maiemi

Post by maiemi »

Is there still noone who can help me, solving this problem ?
I cannot believe it.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Problems with launching Thinderbird 3.1.4

Post by Birdy »

Hello maiemi,
The issue I have is, that mostly I first have to go online with Thunderbird
The problem is that if Thunderbird is in "off-line" mode (menu File/Off-line), it shutdowns Thunderbird network capabilities and so can no longer accept connection from BirdieSync process. BirdieSync has no control on this behavior. So it is always necessary to have Thunderbird on-line to be able to allow BirdieSync process to connect to BirdieSync extension in Thunderbird.
Does it help or do you think it's a different problem ?
Birdy