How to sync my calendar (lightning 1.0b2)

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
x-ray

How to sync my calendar (lightning 1.0b2)

Post by x-ray »

Hello,

I try BirdieSync 2.1.0.1 on Win7 and BirdieSync 2.1.0.0 on my iPhone. I have TB 3.1.2 with lightning 1.0b2 and MoreFunctionsForAddressBook 0.6.

Synchronisation of my TB addressbook with my iPhone 4 works fine :D but where can I setup the synchronisation of my calendars and tasks? :roll:

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: How to sync my calendar (lightning 1.0b2)

Post by Birdy »

Hello x-ray,

Unfortunatelly BirdieSync only synchronizes contacts because the technologies provided by Apple have important limitations regarding the management of recurring events. Could you tell me if you would be interested in a solution in the future which would synchronize ONLY NOT RECURRING events ?
Thanks.
Birdy

x-ray

Post by x-ray »

yes, I'm interested. it's better than nothing :-)

Sorry, I overlooked the fakt on your website.

aRved

Post by aRved »

Hello,
it would be very great if you bring such a feature :)

x5.cat

Post by x5.cat »

i do confirm my interest too in a such development !!! since i migrated from win platform to ios i really miss that feature.
thanks in advance. :?
x5.cat

gduder

Post by gduder »

+1 for adding calendar sync support for iPhone, even if it is only for non-recurring events. I imagine most people only have a limited number of recurring events anyway, which they can enter manually into the iPhone if necessary.

Many corporate users, like myself, cannot use cloud-based sync (e.g., over Google Calendar) because of the potential confidential information contained in calendars.

Himeros

Post by Himeros »

Me as well am desperately looking for a calendar synchronization tool for Lightning vs. iPhone. I just happily migrated to a new MS Office-free laptop running really well. 8) :D
Recurring events are not crucial as most - of mine at least - are non-recurring. Neither knowing Apple's limitations nor the technology... would it be possible... :idea: ... to have recurring events in Lightning managed/synchronized as individual ones on the iPhone (setting a marker in the sync file/history...)?

dgse

Post by dgse »

Thanks Birdy,
It is unfortunate, hopefully will get an upgrade version that could do the sync with iphone calendah.
Birdy wrote:Hello x-ray,

Unfortunatelly BirdieSync only synchronizes contacts because the technologies provided by Apple have important limitations regarding the management of recurring events. Could you tell me if you would be interested in a solution in the future which would synchronize ONLY NOT RECURRING events ?
Thanks.