Problems sync Field "Title" of IPhone 4

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
flinki-bill

Problems sync Field "Title" of IPhone 4

Post by flinki-bill »

Hello,

I'am Using BirdieSync 2.1.0.1 for synchronisation between an IPhone 4 with Firmware 4.2 and Thunderbird 3.1.6 Adressbook. My Problem is following:

I am student and have a lot of contacts with Title Prof. In my IPhone addressbook I add a new Field of type "Title" to the contact and give it the value Prof.. This field will never be synchronized to the thunderbird addressbook. But the thunderbird addressbook contains for a contact properties in Tab "Dienstlich (german)" a field named "Title". If i insert here the title Prof. it will be synchronized in IPhone contact as a new field of type "Position".

Is there any Possibility to sync titles like Dr., Prof. B.Sc., M.Sc. between Thunderbird Addressbook and IPhone Addressbook? Is this a bug or do I thinking wrong?

Currently my only solution is using "Title" field in Thunderbird and "Position" field in IPhone. But the view of contact isn't beautiful. F.e. view of contact in list in IPhone:

For "Title field in IPhone" = Prof.: <- This is nice and correct!
Prof. Steven Smith
Organisation (<- in small size)

For "Position field in IPhone" = Prof.: <- BAD
Steven Smith
Organisation - Prof. (<- in small size)

There is also a field named "Namenszusatz (german)" in IPhone. But I think this is for things like "Robin from Lockslay" and is also not synchronized with thunderbird contacts.

Thank for your help,
Flinki

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Problems sync Field "Title" of IPhone 4

Post by Birdy »

Hello Flinki,

Thank you for the detailed description. The problem is that there is no real matching to the iPhone field "Title" in Thunderbird. Generally there are much less fields in Thunderbird than in the iPhone or in the Pocket PC... The Thunderbird field "Title" is used inside an organization.
The solution would be to store some iPhone/Pocket PC fields in Thunderbird custom fields. This feature may be provided in the future.
Birdy