WindowsMobile v6.5.x

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Justus

WindowsMobile v6.5.x

Post by Justus »

Good morning and a happy new year to everybody!
for some weeks ago I tested some WM 6.5.x ROMS.
BirdieSync installs fine and seems to run smooth... Contacts and messages are synced as they should be, but events causes serios problems.
When I have flashed a new ROM and the device ist "naked", I configure BirdieSync to overwrite the the device with desktop events. In my case around about 1000 Events has to be send to the device. Exactly at event 256 all further events results in an unresolved event. Until event #256 the sync runs good and the events appears on the device as they should be.
Does anybody have encountered this problem or even a solution for the problem?
Best regards
I am using BirdieSync on:
Windows 7 Ultimate x64, BirdieSync v2.3.2.2, Thunderbird v3.1.10, Lightning v1.0b2

Mobile:
Gingerbread v2.3.4 on HTC Leo

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: WindowsMobile v6.5.x

Post by Birdy »

Hello Justus,

It would be necessary to analyze the logs to investigate on your problem. When you get the unresolved items, could you send your logs with the Thunderbird/Sunbird menu "Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs..." to support(at)birdiesync.com ?
Thanks.
Birdy

Justus

Re: WindowsMobile v6.5.x

Post by Justus »

Hey Birdie
I am sorry, but I needed a fast fix and made a workaround: I am using SPB Backup. From the newest Backup-File (just a few hours old so no data-loss) I recovered all events to the old device (Touch HD with WM6.1 stock). In BirdieSync options I set the event-sync to "link category to calendar" - option and synced the old device. Then I exported all calendars. After that I imported one ICS at a time to the the emtpy standard calendar so never more than 150 events were synced at one time.
The magic border was those 256 events. The sync took very long time so I stopped the sync before it was finished (every event about a minute).
Damn I am sleepy...! Was this to understand?
I will give it another try tomorow to make my workaround sound a bit more clearly...
I am using BirdieSync on:
Windows 7 Ultimate x64, BirdieSync v2.3.2.2, Thunderbird v3.1.10, Lightning v1.0b2

Mobile:
Gingerbread v2.3.4 on HTC Leo