No Connection

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
crocoandy

No Connection

Post by crocoandy »

My iPhone (3G) keeps telling me there is no connection to the PC. I have successfully installed birdiesync on both PC and iPhone and have Microsoft Active Sync and Lightning installed in my Thunderbird. Any ideas?

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: No Connection

Post by Birdy »

Hello crocoandy,

Could you give me more details regarding your network configuration ?
Do you use a Wi-Fi connection or a 3G connection ?
Do you have a local network ?
Do you use a router ?
What address did you enter in your BirdieSync iPhone settings ? (don't mention your real IP address if it's not local: replace the 2 last numbers with x.x.)
Which address is mentioned in BirdieSync connection options (on the desktop) ?
Thanks.
Birdy

crocoandy

Post by crocoandy »

Thanks for the reply:

As for the questions:

"Could you give me more details regarding your network configuration ?"
I go online with my PC via a router (T-Sinus 1054), WLAN disabled, just LAN-connection.

"Do you use a Wi-Fi connection or a 3G connection ?"
What is a 3G connection?

"Do you have a local network ?"
From PC to Router, yes.

"What address did you enter in your BirdieSync iPhone settings ? (don't mention your real IP address if it's not local: replace the 2 last numbers with x.x.)"
IP address is the same in BirdieSync connection options on the desktop and on the iphone (IP address is 192.168.2.XXX
I have so far only tried to connect the iphone (3G) with the computer via USB (since router's WLAN functionality is limited).

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

It's not possible to connect through the USB connection. As far as I know, Apple didn't offer this possibility to developpers... So you must use a Wi-Fi connection with your router if you are on a LAN. So your iPhone must be connected to your LAN with a Wi-Fi connection.
Birdy