Synchronization problem with Android

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
dariom

Synchronization problem with Android

Post by dariom »

Hi!
when I try to sync contacts software gives me the following error:

impossible to connect to the host.
Sorry, it,s not possible to connect to the host.....

Before upgrading s.o. Froio version, in the Cellular, synchronization works, now continues to give me the error indicated.

I disabled the firewall and opened all the doors, from other computers on the network I see the PC without problems.
I'm verify the IP address and it's correct.

Summary info:
Cellular: Samsung Galaxy S
S.O. Android 2.2 (Froio)
S.O.PC Windows 7 ultimate
Birdiesync Version on cel and PC: 2.2.0.1

Many thanks for your answer.
best regards

tolmalp

Re: Synchronization problem with Android

Post by tolmalp »

Hi
I have exactly the same problem with a slight variation in that synchronisation of contacts worked normally and well the first time I set it up. The only difference on subsequent attempts to synchronise contacts with BirdieSync could be due to the upgrade of BirdiSync 2.2.0.0 to 2.2.0.1. What happened was that after the first synchronisation the same errors occurred as described by Dariom - "Impossible to connect to host. Sorry it's not possible to connect to host '192.168.1.68' ...".
The first time when the contacts were synchronised, I could see under BirdieSync's Activation tab my WindowsMoblile73 Contacts, Events, Tasks and Mails while Android was shown separately with Contacts. When I tried to re-synchronise the contacts, the Android mobile had disappeared from the Activation tab.
After BirdieSync had given the message above after about 15 - 20 seconds when it failed to connect, a repeat attempt to synchronise would lead to immediate "Not connected to the host".

One other point is not clear - there are two BirdieSync IP addresses given under Options, Connection. I've tried both and neither work but should one use the equivalent of the IP address above or one above it under the Connection tab 169.254.2.2?

Like dariom, I've tried turning off the Firewall and Anti-virus programs, I've tried different IP addresses and rebooting both Smartphone and PC just in case they are required to properly register the changes made. All to no avail.

Smartphone: Nexus S
Android 2.3.2
Windows 7 Pro
BirdieSync 2.2.0.1 on both.
Thunderbird 3.1.7

BirdieSync continues to synchronise my Windows Mobile normally - or should I say extra-ordinarily because since using BirdieSync I've left behind all the frustrations, mishaps and problems with MS's own ActiveSyn and WMC!

I hope someone can help particularly when BirdieSync is set to synchronise Lightning calendar as well!

Thanks for any help you can give.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

@Dariom: Did you try to reboot both your PC and mobile device ? Which IP address did you set ? Is BirdieSync.exe running on the desktop ?

@tolmalp: 169.254.2.2 is an IP address used when you connect your Windows Mobile device. So it should not be used with Android since it's a kind or private network between your Windows Mobile device and your PC. Note also that you must not connect both your mobile devices (Windows Mobile and Android) at the same time. Only one mobile device must be connected. Can you confirm that BirdieSync.exe process is running on the desktop ?
Birdy

dariom

Post by dariom »

Hello,
- I try reboot both pc and mobile device
- IP address is 192.168.1.7 on WI-fi connection
- Birdiesync.exe running on desktop

The exactly message shown on mobile device is:
"Sorry, it's not possible to connect to host '192.168.1.7' of birdiesync server. Please check that this host is reachable over the network and that its address is correct"
In activation tab, of birdiesync.exe, I see the mobile device synchronized two weeks ago, that is the first time and the only too.
I did ping interrogation from mobile device to PC and all go well.
The same with ping interrogation from PC to mobile device.
Both devices seen each other.
For test I installed Birdiesync on PC to my workplace. The problems is the same (naturally the IP address is different because the net's configuration is differently), the S.O. is Windows XP SP3. The ping interrogation work regularly too. Which is different is that at home the first time the syncronization have been run, at work instead no.
I think the problem could be S.O. Froio, before upgrade syncronizations works, after no.

I hope that is clearer for you.
Many Thanks and Best Regards.

tolmalp

Post by tolmalp »

Hi Birdie

Thanks for your advice and it has resolved my problem. I'd always had the Axim in its cradle at the time I was trying to synchronise contacts with my Android phone. It worked perfectly once the PDA was removed.

Another thing that I'd not been aware about was the IP address changes each time BirdieSync is opened, so it's necessary to check each time and alter the address on the settings of the BirdieSync App.

Best wishes and I look forward to the synchronisation of the calendar in Thunderbird.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

@tolmap:
the IP address changes each time BirdieSync is opened
The IP address could change if you reboot your PC. But generally it should remain the same. Anyway I'll see if it's possible to find a better solution...

@dariom:
It's weird, especially if you don't succeed to connect on both PCs. So you told me that it was working before you upgraded your mobile device to Froyo ? Which version were you using before ? If you have the possibility to temporarily revert to Eclair for instance, does it work better ?
Is it a custom ROM or an official one ? Does it properly manage SSL connections ?
Birdy

dariom

Post by dariom »

Good evening, the ROM installed is the official, but tonight I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software on the Smartphone and after this synchronization to work again. Thank you for your attention and best regards.

jesusm

Post by jesusm »

dariom wrote:Good evening, the ROM installed is the official, but tonight I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software on the Smartphone and after this synchronization to work again. Thank you for your attention and best regards.
I'm having same issue, and I'm not sure which software you reinstalled ... birdiesync?

Thanks