Birthday 1 day ago...

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
thomazrb

Birthday 1 day ago...

Post by thomazrb »

Birdiesync: 2.1.0.1
Iphone 4: IOS 4.2.1

I dont know why, but when i try to sync my contacts from PC to Iphone, all the birthdays stays with one day before the birthday... like someone have birthday in 25/12... after the sync, in iphone the birthday is showing as 24/12... if i use the inverse... put the birthday in iphone and try to sync... in pc it remains ok.

Tnks

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Birthday 1 day ago...

Post by Birdy »

Hello thomazrb,

If you create a new contact in Thunderbird with a birthday date and synchronize it, do you have this problem or do you only have it only with contacts previously created ?
Thanks.
Birdy

thomazrb

Post by thomazrb »

I tried to create a new one right now... in thunderbird... put the birthday 21/09/1978... then... after sync... in iphone it is 20/09/1978 but in thunderbird remains 21/09...

I tried to change in iphone to 20/08... he updates in thunderbird to 21/08...

One thing that i noticed is that the contacts that i make in thunderbird... when i sync... in iphone they are with one day ago... but in the thunder it remains with the right date.

If i create one in iphone (or change the birthday from a existent one) then sync... both remains with the right date...

Sorry about my english and thnks for the reply.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

I'll do some tests again regarding this problem. I'll keep you informed.
Birdy

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

I made a test with the date you mentioned (1978-09-21) but it was synchronized properly.
Could you tell me how you enter this birthday date in your contact ? Do you use the regular form ? (In the Private tab)
Which time zone do you have in Lightning/Windows and your iPhone ?
Thanks.
Birdy

Stef

Post by Stef »

I have the same problem:
I have synchronized for the first time my Thunderbird contacts with my android device (I deleted all my contacts in my android device before) and the birthday of at least one contact changed by one day (instead of day 18 in Thunderbird I have day 17 in my smartphone). The date in Thunderbird is still correct.
The timezone of thunderbird/lightning is Europe/Berlin and in my android device GMT+01:00 Central European time. Both should be correct.
When I synchronize with MyPhone Explorer the dates are correct.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello Stef,

I tried with various versions of Android OS but couldn't reproduce the problem.
Could you tell me how you entered the birthday date in Thunderbird ? Was it in the "Birthday" field of the "Private" tab of the contact ?
If you create a new contact from scratch and set a birthday (let's say 1978-07-07), do you have a shift ?
What is your operating system and the model of your Android device ?
Do you use the original contact application present on your Android device ?

Note that I may split this post since you have a problem with Android and not an iPhone.
Birdy

Stef

Post by Stef »

Hi Birdie,
yes, the birthday date was in the "Birthday" field of the "Private" tab of the contact.
Since I changed back to MyPhoneExplorer I cannot at the moment try to sync a newly created contact from scratch. But I can confirm that synchronization with MyPhoneExplorer is always without (this) error (but I know this problem from synchronization of my Pocket PC with Outlook).
I use Windows 7 (64bit) and a Dell Streak (Android 2.2).
I use the original contact application on my Android device but other apps as well which synchronize with the Andoid contacts.