Android and Windows PC version mismatch

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Olli.B

Android and Windows PC version mismatch

Post by Olli.B »

Hi,

I have a big problem with mismatching versions. The latest version on the Android Market is 2.3.0.3. The only version downloadable for Windows PC is 2.3.0.4. This comes to an "unexpected error". When I was trying to sync 2.3.0.3 on the Android and 2.3.0.2 on the Windows PC I received a "version mismatch" error. Could you please ensure that always the same version for Android and Windows PC is available? Currently I cannot sync because of that. For me there is no chance to find a 2.3.0.3 Windows PC version any more, because only the latest is available on your download page.

Thanks,
Oliver

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Android and Windows PC version mismatch

Post by Birdy »

Hello Oliver,

The problem you have is not a version mismatch. The last version on the Android market (2.3.0.3) and the last version of the desktop version (2.3.0.4) are compatible. I don't have your logs (you could send them to support if you wish) but I guess your problem is linked to a database upgrade which didn't occur properly. This problem is being investigated and a fix should be delivered soon.
Birdy

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

I sent you a test version by email to see if could fix your problem.
Birdy

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Problem was fixed in version 2.3.0.5.
Birdy

Olli.B

Post by Olli.B »

Hi,

I am really impressed how fast this problem was solved. The current version BirdieSync 2.3.0.6 worked perfectly again. Thanks.

Regards, Oliver