Installation only for one user on a multi user pc

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
soundfan

Installation only for one user on a multi user pc

Post by soundfan »

Hello everybody,

I have installed BS sucessfully and synch with my WM6.5 phone works fine. But there is one problem I can't solve so far:
On my Win XP notebook there are two accounts which are logged in simultanously most of the time so we only have to change users. Now I realized that only the user who logged in first after reboot is able to start BS. If the second user logs in BS tries to start but breaks up with a message "not able to start BS twice", something like that.
I would prefer that BS would be installed only for the one user. Is that possible? How can I manage to make BS start only with one (specific) user?

I hope my problem is clear.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Best regards
Mike

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Installation only for one user on a multi user pc

Post by Birdy »

Hello Mike,

I see the problem. I'll have to see how it can be sorted out.
Birdy

Criss

Post by Criss »

Hello,

I would apply to this topic.
Is there any news about this problem.
Thanks in advanced
Criss

Pago

Post by Pago »

+1!
Thanks

Pago

kira13

Post by kira13 »

Add me as well. It's not usually a multi-user PC, but whenever I enable the Guest account (Win7) for a friend to use it, BirdieSync tries to start up and gives an error that confuses whoever is using the PC.

Kira

afischer

Post by afischer »

I'm also waiting for a solution on multiuser-PC's. The problem also occurs with the newest version of BS2.

I think, BS tries to use some global ressources (directories, files, ports or so), and not the user-specific ones (directories under the user-home, discrete ports for every user).

May be we can get a solution, where the BirdieSync-instances for the users with no active login (e.g. in the background) are deactivated and so not occupies the ports and so on.
If I switch the user, the corresponding BS-instances goes into idle-state with no global ressources allocated.

Alexander