Sync is incredible slow 10h

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
palmfriend

Sync is incredible slow 10h

Post by palmfriend »

After I make a test with MyPhoneExplorer which is faster but not so smart, I switched back to BirdieSync. (Android <-> Windows XP Thunderbird).
After the first sync the application stopped with an error. Now I choose "Combine both" and the program starts. It managed 10 Events per Minute. I have 5620 events. So I stopped the process, because this is unacceptable. What can I do to make the sync faster? I want to have the whole calendar on my phone.
I put the phone directly beside the WLAN-Router and the computer is connected with 100 Mbit to the router.
Any ideas? I'm still frustrated to be unable to get a running sync-solution for my android phone with is comparable with Palm :-(

palmfriend

Re: Sync is incredible slow 10h (solved by reset ths sync)

Post by palmfriend »

I solved it by reseting every thing on the phone and start again. The first sync then need 10 Minutes for 2500 Entries. Unfortunately 1800 events becomes unresolved items. I must reboot my phone after this sync :-(. I guess the problem was that the Calendar Pad tries to actualize his widget. So it consumes a lot of CPU-power. I delete the sync-information a third time. Remove the Calendar Pad Widget and sync again. Now every thing seems to be OK.
No idea was the initial problem was, but I guess it was a problem based on the first think which wasn't finished correctly. After that all entries get duplicated :-( Fortunately I has versioned my calendar data with bzr :-)

So I would recommend to make a strong hint that on the first synchronization all calendar widgets should be removed from home screens.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Sync is incredible slow 10h

Post by Birdy »

So I would recommend to make a strong hint that on the first synchronization all calendar widgets should be removed from home screens.
Maybe the calendar widgets consume a lot of resources when a new event is added to the calendar which slows down the whole process.
I was a bit surprised when you said you synchronized only 10 events per minute since local tests rather lead to several synchronized events per seconds (tests done with a slow Android device).
If you have so many unresolved items when you synchronize, feel free to send a mail to support(at)birdiesync.com to investigate on the problem. You can generate a log archive with BirdieSync menu "Help/Archive logs..." (before generating the log archive, transfer the mobile device log with BirdieSync menu "Help/Transfer mobile device log").
Birdy